What’s Your Best ‘Tweak’?

Very deep, Toby.

It’s late here too, but my thoughts are a little more basic. That is, I’m not sure about the new Avatar. Yes, it’s a Tobyjug, just not the one I’m used to. I’m a publican, and these things matter to me. Possibly a tweak too far.

Anyway, let’s see if it burns in like cables do, apparently.

Night, night.

1 Like

Arivas

Bass & Mid driver - 2Nm

Tweeter - 1.2Nm

1 Like

Thanks Henkerino
I’ll have to check mine.
cheers
Jim

Managed to source a Neuance platform recently to replace the MDF shelf under the ndac, made a subtle difference.

4 Likes

When I first read about cable dressing on the forum I was very sceptical, but was astonished with the difference. Now, when the system sounds a bit off, the first thing I do is to check the cables and usually find that one has shifted a bit and it touching another cable.

3 Likes

Thanks for the tip on the Herbie’s grungebuster. I just placed an order for 8 extra-thick grungebuster dots to place under a couple of platforms.

1 Like

In my apprentice yogi years, my master suggested that the orientation of your bed can have a profound effect. In so much with the alignment of the rotations of the world around the sun within the greater cosmos traveling at great velocity. Better to try to align with this energy for a clean sleep.
Much the same for the hifi. Try and get the speakers firing in accordance with this travel.
Your sweet spot in the centre of the soundstage should be a spot that you are naturally moving forwards too within the earths rotation. Otherwise you could get phase issues.

4 Likes

Now you wouldn’t be pulling our collective legs, would you?

Let me get this right. I need to move my bed into the listening room, orientate it and my speakers to align with the earth’s rotation, sit on said bed and listen for a sweet spot, and then have a clean sleep, right?

Sounds straightforward to me.

2 Likes

Depends on your pillows - one, or two…Tempur or Goose Down.

Though diehards still swear by burlap stuffed with straw :smiley:

2 Likes

Why bring pillows into it? I was all ready to give this important tweak a go, now I am all confused with all this talk of pillow stuffing.

Exasperated, of Chesham.

Think I’ll just get a fifth Cisco 2960 switch and a length of AudioQuest Whiskey, or whatever it is called.

3 Likes

I’ll settle for a fifth of whiskey…

No, nothing against beds. More your listening seat.
You want to have your listening seat, then your central hot spot stereo point with your ears perpendicular to it. With speakers aligned along with the travel of the axis.
Take some time to work out exactly what ones listening position habitats.
Then imagine you are within an underwater propelled contraption running amongst the dolphins. Which have this magnetic drive energy sense of direction.

The most important thing is to be facing East when meditating :+1:

Ok,my best tweaks were (do not know if you’ll count this as tweaks ;-))

• Tellurium Q LS cable
  • Cisco 2960
  • Melco instead of Qnap/Synology
  • dedicated Roon Server
2 Likes

The dedicated Roon server, was it a ‘rock’ built on a Nuc?

What were you running the core on before?

I keep wondering if the old MacMini that’s dedicated to Roon is limiting things at all.

First, it runs on MacMini, later on Innous and now on sonic i5 (fanless). But- I don’t want to scare you ;-)- best SQ comes from native upnp streaming. For that, I use a Melco native. There are many discussion how and why roon adds some “noise”…

Ah. Well, I think I’ll stick with tha MacMini for now. Happy enough with the sound and I doubt I’ll change the nDAC and DigiOne Signature. Maybe when I’ve had the building work done and move into a larger room.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.