What’s your favourite outro?

“Judgement”. The Sound.

Almost Cut My Hair. RIP David Crosby :slight_smile:

‘Put it this Way’ from Colosseum II - ‘Electric Savage’ (1977) and ‘The Inquisition’ from ‘Wardance’ (1977)
‘Almond Burfi’ from Gary Boyle - ‘The Dancer’ (1977)
‘First Excursion’ from Mike Oldfield - ‘Boxed’ (1976)
Walton - ‘Symphony No 1’ - First Movement
Holst - ‘The Planets’ - Mars, Jupiter, Uranus, Neptune
Chopin - ‘Ballades’ - Nos. 1, 3, 4. And ‘Scherzi’ - 1, 2, 3, 4…….!
‘Freefall’ and ‘Earthrise’ from Camel - ‘Mirage’ (1974).
‘Stratosfear’ from Tangerine Dream - ‘Stratosfear’ (1976) - the the final quiet end section.
‘Kill the King’ from Rainbow - ‘Long Live Rock ‘n’ Roll’ (1978).

Not something I expect many here will have heard but the three minute plus outro to “Cow” by Sparklehorse is sublime. The wandering, melodic bass, the teetering banjo and the stumble/stutter before the very end is majestic

1 Like

@mkp1969 What album is it on? I am unable to find it on tidal.

1 Like

Provided the outro starts after the end of Gordon Haskell’s horrible singing.

What a shame the recording of Greg Lake’s vocal take for this song wasn’t discovered until 37 years after the album was released:

A tossup between Steve Hackett’s guitar solo at the end of Fountain of Salmacis by Genesis and the triumphant reentry of the opening theme at the climax of Starless by King Crimson.

2 Likes

I’ve always loved the way Bowies Five Years fads away with the same drum beat as it started. Wonderful stuff.

3 Likes

It’s on “vivadidixesubmarinetransmissionplot”

1 Like

Kate Bush’s Sunset has a wonderful Spanish guitar style ending (but it goes on for about 2 mins of the 6 min track!).

3 Likes

The guitar solo at the end of Black Books by Nils Lofgren.

1 Like

The Jam, Down in the Tube Station at Midnight … the fade to the sound of the tube train and then the fade back up again.

Having just listened to this I’d say that’s up there for me.

Also the end of Stairway to Heaven, the soft “and she’s buying a stairway to heaven” straight after the previous heavy section, magic

Mark

1 Like

Yours is no disgrace by Yes from Yessongs. It’s a few minutes long in true prog fashion….

2 Likes

Or the chord sequence that ends Soon from Relayer, also by Yes…

3 Likes

Good choice…!!

1 Like

Another very good pick…!!

2 Likes

Hi

There’s a very good outro on the M83 album
hurry up, we’re dreaming and it’s called outro.

Thanks

Mark

1 Like

‘Nuclear Burn’ from Brand X - ‘Unorthodox Behaviour’ (1976).

1 Like

The title track from Yes - ‘Going For The One’ (1977).

2 Likes

The end of "One Tree Hill " by U2 on Joshua Tree album. It is quite poignant but tended to be sliced by DJs back in the day