What’s your favourite perfume/fragrance?

I suppose I am associated with this after shave following it’s inception around twenty years ago

Armand Basi Homme, but normally have a few on the go at once.

1 Like

Always thought that it smells like the inside of table tennis balls.

Camphor

Eau de ‘damp dog’

(My French fails me)

Oh no it’s a thing!

I also dislike the ‘mainstream’ stuff, so I’ve spent the last few years bouncing between these:

Trumper’s Portugal. Chosen by Mrs Ebor after other Trumper’s offerings did not meet with approval. I buy the biggest size and decant it into a small atomiser.

Then there’s the original Eau de Cologne from 1709:

Always gives me a moment of pause to think that Mozart and Beethoven bought (and so, presumably, wore) this. Again, bought a big bottle for atomiser use.

Finally:

L’Aventurier by Fragonard. Another one bought at the preference of Mrs Ebor, from their factory shop in Grasse a few years ago and it’s lasting really well.

Another nice thing about going slightly off the beaten track with these is that none of them is particularly expensive, certainly compared to the high-street/department store stuff.

Mark

1 Like

I still have a bottle.

1 Like

L’Occitane shower gel is all the fragrance I use, and I rotate Baux, Cedrat or the classic L’Occitane. A little L’Occitane shave balm after my weekly shave.

3 Likes

Creed - Tabarome, Green Irish Tweed , Royal Oud.
Ormonde Jayne - Ormonde Man , Montabaco
Issey Miyake - l’eau d’issey
Tom Ford- Oud Wood

1 Like

Who remembers using Brut

3 Likes

“splash it all over”

2 Likes

Chanel 5 (I love it when worn by a woman…but in the absence, I love it on me too)

Dali

Murdock Patchouli

Sadly disconitinued - Rive Gauche

Eau Sauvage - parfum, only.

1 Like

When I was 18 I went out with a gorgeous girl that (oddly) wore Brute. I can’t smell it without thinking of her.

2 Likes

Agua Brava by Puig. Only about £12 for 100ml.

1 Like

I would never have been smelt dead wearing Brut. hateful odour!

You probably missed Brut 33 1/3 - a special edition aimed at the discerning vinyl lover :wink:

1 Like

The most distinctive to me is Giorgio. I remember first smelling it 40 years ago or so. If I’m walking down a street and I smell a woman wearing it, I have the urge to run after her and offer a bouquet of flowers, but I never have them ready.

2 Likes

There was a previous similar thread, a search doesn’t help, maybe on the old forum?

It’s already available here

1 Like

shopping
shopping-1

2 Likes

As a young man these sweet spicy notes was a definite upgrade over the other predominantly sweet spicy scents - what with the Vanilla addition and the oh so purple notes.
These days I am still attracted more towards the sweet spicy vanilla’s with a bit of colour.
But not so Purple.

2 Likes