What stageline for a rega apheta2

an s or a k or maybe an e???
who knows

Either an S or K will work here, although neither is loaded ideally for the Apheta 2. I did actually briefly try my old Stageline K with the Apheta 2. It wasn’t bad, but it was a fair ways off the Superline, as you might well expect. Personally, I think if you have a Rega cart like the Apheta 2 you may be better off matching it with one of the Rega phono stages, such as the Fono MC or even Aria, as they’re designed to complement each other. Or else save up for a Superline, which can be easily load matched and which will be a superb phono stage for the Apheta 2.

1 Like

I have stageline s on mine and I compared it over the course of a week to the rega aria. The aria had slightly better soundstage and the stageline has better drive. There wasnt enough difference for me to swap out my stageline to the aria imo

2 Likes

Thanks dayjay. I’ve not had a chance to make any comparison so good to hear that the Stageline S works well for you with the Apheta 2, and compares well against the Aria.

2 Likes

that’s good to hear since a superline is a pipe dream at best and the aria isn’t cheap either

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.