What sub-£1k 55" TV should I buy?

I may donate my current 5+ year old Sony to my daughter. What sub-£1k 55" TV should I buy to replace it?
Any recommendations - probably buying from the usual susppects - JL, AO , Curries, Richer Sounds etc.
Thanks
Gavin

Panasonic - look at Peter Tyson. Good prices for all electricals and excellent service.
Should also look at John Lewis who are competitive price wise and usually offer a free 5 year warranty.

1 Like

Trouble is, there are just so many options!

LG or Samsung are safe bets, price will obviously depend on size

1 Like

Richer Sounds offer 5 or 6 year guarantees on LGs TVs.

1 Like

From richersounds to get a 6 year warranty and great customer service, I would go for the sony XR55X90LU. It is a little above budget at the moment (£1299) but will drop in price soon as all it predecessors have. I have its predecessor (the J model) and it’s fantastic. Great picture quality and great features. The L is apparently even better still, and I’m getting the 75” version when the prices predictably drop.

3 Likes

In my personal opinion, within that price range (which I’ve also just worked with), I don’t see too much differentiation.
I just worked out the size I wanted and then searched for the best deal. Stick with the established manufacturers.

1 Like

Plans on hold for the moment. She’s just moved into her flat and is going with an older smaller TV. I suspect 55" might be a little too big for the space. We’ll see!

I’d picked out an LG model that Which ranked highly. Saved myself the cash for the moment!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.