What was the last bit of gear you bought in 2022?

Congrats and enjoy! :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Congratulations. Just be careful that your trusty assistant does not at some point start examinating how the amp fares at full throttle!

This happened to me many years ago. Our then 3 or 4 year old son had gotten out of bed on a weekend morning while we were still sleeping and had managed to turn on the stereo (not Naim at the time) with the volume control almost fully turned up. Don’t think I ever made the distance from the bedroom to the living room that fast. The small B&W speakers held up surprisingly well, and apart from the abrupt awakening and our son crying for the better part of 30 mins, no damage was done. Needless to say, he learned an early and valuable lesson to always check the volume level before starting the music!

7 Likes

The new Stereophile will have a review of the Entity

2 Likes

Yes, I know. It is a fantastic piece of engineering from Sweden.

3 Likes

a new to me but obviously pre-loved (and well kept) CDS3 arrived in my rack earlier today, I am on the hunt for a power supply for it before it can be put into service so a Node 2i also arrived this week to provide tunes in the meantime and will be used in future to try out new music before I buy the CD to play on the CDS3

25 Likes

Thanks! Yeah, I can imagine the scare! Yes, it will require quite a bit of training :joy: it won’t take much longer until she pulls herself up to where the amp is and starts turning the knobs, other children have already demonstrated that well with my previous amp. Luckily, this upgrade also moves the power button of the amp from the front to the back (killer feature :sweat_smile:), and as you say, the most important thing to train, is checking the volume knob every. single. time.

1 Like

Flipped my voltage from 2.5 to 5v and replaced my stock 2A3 with Sophia 300B tubes. Burning in now!

13 Likes

Shoot out. Not shure, the RNHP pace is somewhat more appealing, but the grip of the Beyerdynamic could indeed be a winner :slight_smile:

15 Likes

Hell of an album to test - love ‘Offramp’

4 Likes

Test with what you love and know, right?

1 Like

Right with you.

Love the fact that this forum gives you inspiration to dig out the classics for a spin - thanks Rex.

24 Likes

Burning out surely?

1 Like

Ha! Slowly but surely… although since it’s a linestage/preamp only 300B it’s much easier on the tubes than a traditional power amp.

1 Like

Really great you have reached a milestone. I had a similar experience recently with a used pair of ATC SCM 40. Outstanding upgrade.

Sigh…. Dealer called about a 252 they took in on trade. Freshly re-capped by Naim this week. 3 year warranty and gave me pretty much what I paid for my 282.

It’s warming up now and from the first note… just wow.

17 Likes

I recently bought a Norma Revo IPA-140 integrated amplifier. It replaced an Exposure 3510, which replaced a SN3. Have had this for a few months and it is the best sounding integrated I have ever owned and heard in my setup. The black finish is stunning. Looks and feels like a quality product.

Also introduced a Innuos ZENith Mk3 to compare to my Melco N1ZH/2EX-H60 server/streamer. Still in the early days but wanting to compare both. One will eventually have to go.

1 Like

Interesting, I am currently using Exposure amplification pre and power. Saving up for an upgrade to the 5000 series one day!. Annoyingly the Revo comes in at a similar price!

How would you say the ‘house sounds’ compare?

1 Like

Replaced my 30 years old KEF 104.2 with LIVING VOICE Avatar r2.Amazing Relativly small floorstanders.

I collected my NAP 300 after its service and DR upgrade. My 250 DR was good as a backup while the service was being conducted, but the DR’ed 300 is sounding rather nice.

I’ve also had a couple of Witch Hat Morgana cables for my 552 arrive in the past week, so I guess I’ll just need to listen to some music to help the burn-in along, right?

3 Likes

Better get that profile changed then :grinning: