What was the last bit of gear you bought in 2022?

My dealer has made up a cable for connecting my headphone amp to the 552, so looking forward to comparing that against the current setup to the RCA outputs on the NDX2.

Hey @Bjorn, how’s the Hana bedding in?
Have we had any revelatory moments over the holiday period?:thinking:

1 Like

Could you use LED light strip to replace the fluorescent tube?

Morgana source…ndx2 to 252
Final morgana for my full loom and the most significant improvement to date. Just superb. A bit taken aback tbh.

Probably, but I still think I’ll just keep the sign part and mount it on the wall behind my system.

Hegel Mohican CD player, hoping to be spinning discs early in 2023

2 Likes

Now you can claim you’re a dealer and get Naim to send you lots of demo black boxes

Akai 1722 II Tape Recorder - let’s see how deep this rabbit hole goes :grinning:

12 Likes

Oh, you should have seen all the teeth I had to pull just to get an audition example of the Superline.

Exciting finish of 2022 with the 300DR arrival… As it is adapting to the room temperature, I play my old 250DR and what a superb amp it is. The bar is very high…

12 Likes

I remember when my new 300DR arrived. It showed up at the dealer, and they called to say it was in. But when I went to pick it up, they only had the head unit. Turns out the PSU was still in transit. What a let down, but the second box did show up the next day or so.

2 Likes

I’ve bought mine second-hand. Could not resist such a great price. Blind purchase? :roll_eyes: Yes, but I am afraid, I was very, very sober. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

When I bought my 300DR I was searching for used, but my dealer made me a great offer on a new one I couldn’t turn down. I’ve been a customer for 30 years and I think he just wanted to do something really nice for me.

Of my 8-box Naim kit, 5 boxes came from that dealer, as well as all my Fraim but two shelves I bought used. Not to mention the TT, subs, speakers, a Mu-so 2, a Mu-so QB2 and much more that’s in the house

2 Likes

The microline stylus really does bring the cartridge to life, doesn’t it? Having come from a MC cart on the old TT and being paranoid about it wearing out or me bending it, MM is so much easier to live with.

Loving the DG1 so far. Bought a project record cleaning machine just before Christmas, which I really bought because for the convenience and speed of cleaning but have been surprised how well it cleans compared to my old Knosti manual cleaning bath. I’m actually hearing new things on most records I’ve cleaned, so it must be digging a bit more information from the grooves.

1 Like

Hey QS, unfortunately I was too busy with other things before Christmas but today I finally went to my dealer and got the new pickup fitted and therefore only listened a little during the evening but that’s enough to be able to say; a very successful upgrade, worth every penny. :ok_hand:

12 Likes

That looks interesting I’d love to fine a reel to reel but they seem to be quite rare and extremely expensive if you do manage to find one here. Tapes aren’t cheap either, good luck trying to stay out of that rabbit hole.

1 Like

Well that looks very nice :blush:
Let’s have some reviews in the new year please, with any positive or negative variations to the sound on albums you are familiar with from the Dynavector🤔

1 Like

I too went from 250DR (a very capable amp indeed) to 300DR, unheard (during Covid).
You’re going to love it!

3 Likes

Hoping the finger wasn’t pointed at your pal when ScotRail did their annual audit :wink:

1 Like

New wall conduit requires longer ethernet cabling from router to devices.

Plumped for a couple lengths of CatSnake (NDX2 and SkyQ).

We have tried a few ethernet cables (machine hall “spares”, good quality cat6, existing Melco C1AE) and actually can’t hear any difference with NDX2 as transport only. So we’re quite relaxed about cabling and assume CatSnake will do the job fine.