What was the last bit of gear you bought in 2022?

Who buys a CD transport in 2022???..… :grimacing:

14 Likes

This reminds me of why I love my system every time I enter the “cave” :grin:

1 Like

Last bit of gear I bought in 2022 and my favourite HiFi purchase. Ever!

33 Likes

It’s special.

2 Likes

It does look cool though and hope it’s equally as good.

1 Like

Indeed it is, an absolute privilege to behold :smiling_face:

2 Likes

Oooooh yes it looks sexy AF! In the flesh it’s even better looking than the pics are showing. I think that factored into my buying decision more than the performance- which I haven’t even tested as of yet as my pre has gone for repair.

Let’s see- it’s been described as best transport in the world so I’m expecting a lot

No, no, no. It’s too big for a standard Fraim level.

What did it replace? How are you finding the change?

You can buy the legs separately😉

1 Like

It replaced a 300 which was amazing in its own right.

But the 500 has taken my system into another stratosphere. Words I would use to describe it are powerful, authoritative, engaging, riveting, and blooming marvellous :grin:

8 Likes

No real sound difference to this 71 yo ears. I had been meaning to clean up the ethernet cables for some time I measured them out and got them in my wife’s favorite lovely color, yellow. The price was right, great quality work and fast delivery. Ordered on Thursday and arrived on Saturday.

3 Likes

In 2022, i bought a Rega Planar 6 /Ania/Fono MC, Dynaudio Heritage Special speaker along with Dynaudio SUB 3, TQ Ultra Black II speaker cables and some Isoacoustics products… For 2023 maybe some new Naim products. :slightly_smiling_face:

12 Likes

I have to say that, lovely system though that is, having the TT cover intruding on the bottom of the TV picture would drive me quietly mad.

1 Like

It is not that bad . It looks worst on the picture because of the way picture has been taken !

I wouldn’t be quiet in my madness😂

2 Likes

I opened this thread just over a year ago with the order (and subsequent delivery) of the Nytech CA352 integrated amp which I purchased after hearing an Ion Obelisk 3 which was bought for my daughter’s boyfriend. What a wonderful little amp!

I saw one available at the end of last year and thought it would be a great backup.

Full circle so perhaps a good place to close this thread?

7 Likes

The Obelisk 3 is an excellent little amp, only exceeded by the 3x + x-Pak. For anyone interested in these little amps, I would suggest avoiding the Obelisk 1, unless going cheap, as the Obelisk 2 is markedly better usually not for much more money. The 3 is better still, but not by the same margin and has the benefit of interchangeable phono cards. Oh yes, and not forgetting the matching FMT 1 & 2 tuners which, IIRC, were based on Magnum Dynalab heads, and perform very well.

As we’re now into the new year, and the 2023 thread is in full swing, this is probably a suitable place to close this thread.

1 Like