What was the last bit of gear you bought in 2022?

should add a linear power supply for 3k to it. Would significant enhance your listening experience :wink:

2 Likes

The best upgrade so far.:grin:

25 Likes

The use of a linear PSU is a distinct possibility, the Sony is equipped with a number of regulated linear power supplies, (none of them currently 5V but this can be changed), but all of them discrete technology, (DR), hoorah!
That is the way they did it back in 1975. :0)

2 Likes

I’ve just replaced my 252 DR with a used and recently serviced and DRd 552.
Big improvement in SQ similar to the upgrade to ND 555 from the NDX2.
Very pleased with the extra detail and clarity. Sounds very good through the Kudos 707s.

41 Likes

Very sleek, John.

1 Like

Just got a Shunyata Alpha V.2 XC for my Denali.

8 Likes

Wow. Could this be the new 'Lavry" giant killer. Please first try it out as a DAC on some music and let us know how it performs.

Hi @Richard.Dane I have Googled ‘Lavry’ not a company I have heard of before. They mainly seem to be producers of pro equipment. Not sure if there is a joke I am missing?

I have tried the ‘TEAMPD’ DAC fleetingly and it works fine. Purely subjectively it drives my Oppo Planar magnetic headphones well enough and using it with my home office active speakers, Yamaha HS-5s, it sounds absolutely fine too, with no obvious issues that i can detect. If I only had £8.95 to spend on a new DAC it seems quite effective. I have a couple of bare pcbs kicking around with which i considered building a stereo DAC for my self, but the cost of populating the boards would easily have exceeded the cost of the ‘TEAMPD’ !

Checking a well known internet traders reviews:

out of 480 reviews
78% gave 5*
11% gave 4*
5% gave 3*
3% gave 2*
3% gave 1*

Of course we can read into this what we like but these stats compare well with well known manufacturers and judging by some of the comments, some people have very high expectations for this product. I was just satisfied that it worked!

If I were to ‘nit-pick’ it would be helpful if the TEANPD DAC incorporated a USB input as well! :0)

When i have a moment I’ll give it a go in my HiFi setup.

Yes, a little joke from earlier forum days. The Lavry DA10 was a neat little DAC that was being sold at a fairly reasonable price and by all accounts sounded rather good - for the money. Some though got a bit too over-excited and decided it was good enough to allow them to sell their CDS2 and 3 players etc. Turned out it wasn’t quite that good, but it did at least ensure plenty was written…

3 Likes

Thanks for the explanation.

Finally (hicap dr) …

24 Likes

I like the look of that system. You have the TT , amplifier and HiCap placed in the same position as mine. Very good.
What’s that to the right of the amp?

2 Likes

Thank you friend.
Right of the sn3 is the Tascam CD-R 900 MKII .
Above the hicap are the Goldnote ph-1 & the psu-1.
That’s all.

2 Likes

And the board underneath the Supernait?

It’s 2cm thick black painted glass.

1 Like

New Accuphase E280

27 Likes

Great speakers! Is your pair an active or a passive one?

Thanks Zhenya,
They are tremendous. I went passive however I have read great things about the actives. One thing I was wary of with actives is that the bass may be a bit overpowering in my room, not so the passives.

1 Like

Lovely integrated. Had the 270 for a while.

4 Likes

I owned one. It was just ok.

2 Likes