What was the last bit of gear you bought in 2023?

More of a balls guy then? I’m with you 100% on not feeling great about my ‘equipment’ resting atop anything named nobsound… however good it may be and I’m ok losing out, if need be, rather choosing Townsend or Gaia, being far more macho and new age respectively :slight_smile:

So if you had some Schiit gear, Nobsound would be out of the question?

7 Likes

I may only have a SN3, but to me, it’s the schiit… Still, I’ll pass on anything nobsound.

1 Like

Well, at least the Nobsound footers managed to improve the sound quality of the solid-state amps both Naim and Luxman, and the good thing is they don’t cost much. They don’t do much when placed below the DACs so I’ve continued to use the Finite Elemente Ceraball Spiders there.

FWIW I have 3 layers of isolation for the main equipment. Nobsounds directly below components, FE Ceraball Spider below the board supporting components and Cerapuc below the rack.

Hope you’ll get better results with the new Solid Sounds rack.

Got a stage line to go with my 202/200

10 Likes

Ha! My new StageLine is arriving today/tomorrow.

3 Likes

Be interested in your thoughts. I’ve got a sheet on fraim glass and cups and didn’t go overboard on the over hanging glass out the back of the nova

1 Like

I’ve ordered 450 wide by 285 deep, which will give 10mm front and back. They look as though they are well finished. It’s £115 including the balls, which is £15 extra for a custom size. Hopefully being smaller it will look more in proportion and be more discreet.

3 Likes

Cheers , reckon I’ll order the same if results are positive.

2 Likes

When I added glass to the Nova I used 455 wide by 285 deep. I got a piece of Pilkington toughened glass from my local glass shop, it was about £45 and added the the fraim balls sourced from my local dealer.

1 Like

Have the glass plates small holes or recesses for the balls or do the balls simply lie on the flat glass? I imagine that unstable, wobbly

The glass sits on top of 3 of these…

IMG_5340 (2)

IMG_5341 (2)

2 Likes

on three points so no wobble… naim supply small plastic rings that stick to the glass that prevent sliding off.

1 Like

Ruark R3 CD system for the kitchen, mainly at the wife’s request. It is lovely. As my dear old dad would have said:- “it’s got a lovely tone…”

14 Likes

“it’s got a lovely tone…” Mine too. I can hear them words right now. I do miss him. :blush:

2 Likes

It was a comment of its age! Usually used by my dad when referring to Jim Reeves playing on the radiogram whilst the Sunday lunch was cooking :rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

I can hear those Jim Reeves and Marty Robbins tunes, playing now :blush:

3 Likes

Oddly enough, I was giving Marty Robbins “Golden Hits” a spin last night. As soon as I dropped the needle, I had an inexplicable urge for tacos and refried beans. Definitely a Pavlov’s Dog effect.

2 Likes

Lol :+1::ok_hand::blush::blush::blush:

Do kitten toys, beds and bowls etc., count as gear? Asking for a friend.

4 Likes