What was the last bit of gear you bought in 2024?

I love the Apple TV remote. Programed mine to control the Volume & Mute on my 52. Haven’t used the Naim remote since.

3 Likes

The Soulnote products look beautifully built. I suspect very expensive too. The Japanese have a way of building very good equipment. Accuphase, Luxman, Audionote, Dynavector…

Trade in a Rega Elex R for a Supernait 1, bought a Stageline N and yesterday a Flatcap 2x. I know have to transform a Naim original RCA-5 din cable to a 4-5 din cable.

Wait… what? How? Where are the instructions for that?? I love the Apple Remote since I got mine a week ago.

1 Like

Soulnpte is definitely more of a niche brand. It’s hard to find even in Japan. They also distribute PMC in Japan which probably explains why you can hardly find either.

The thing I like about it is, when you press Power on the remote, it not only switches on the Apple TV Box, but also the TV, switches on the Linn Selekt DSM and sets it to HDMI setting.

DG…

Exactly! And it controls the volume on my Denon AV amp…

1 Like

A 1TB MicroSD card for my Sony Walkman. Still amazed that I can fit my entire musical collection (Qobuz albums aside) on this finger nail sized card.

13 Likes

Vertere Phono-1 MkII just arrived today. Burning it in now.
Will be a step up from the inbuilt phono in my NSC222 and goes well with my Vertere DG1 TT.

10 Likes

I agree, it’s incredible really, the work of the devil!

1 Like

To use the Apple Siri Remote to control the volume of your Olive Naim :

1. Open Settings on the Apple TV.
  2. Go to Remotes and Devices > Volume Control and choose from the following options.

1st try to set Receiver via IR, or if that doesn’t work, select Learn New Device
If I remember correctly I had to press a couple of buttons on the Naim remote when prompted for a handshake.

1 Like

Well, what a nice bit of kit! Only just slotted onto shelf and barely played it in yet but…Very nice.

However, one of those that clearly rewards improved interconnects as you move up the price scale from what I’ve tried already out of my ‘spares’ options.

13 Likes

The Phono 1 is a great phono stage and I’m sure it works really well with you TT. Enjoy.

1 Like

Super Lumina DIN-XLR bought :money_with_wings:. Let’s see how Morgana holds up against them. Have Super Lumina DIN DIN already and I’ve been super happy with them.

1 Like

Please tell us what you think.
I will get SL DIN-xlr as well (soon) together with 300

1 Like

I’ll get it in about 2 weeks so you might have to tell me first :wink:

A new pair of speakers, Bauer Audio OM2.

Only one is in the picture and yes, there is more than one chassis :grinning:

11 Likes

Crazy speaker design :smiley:

Pretty much my own thoughts when I first saw them. While I didn’t expect them to sound bad, I was quite surprised when I heard them at my dealer.

1 Like

Very nice. Never seen them before. The driver arrangement reminds me of the Allison 6, albeit in a floor standing cabinet.

Pic from Bauer web site

5 Likes