What was the last bit of gear you bought?

And so it proved. The reveal:

A pair of 2003 Hornslet SBLs in walnut. Very pleased.

37 Likes

They look very fine. Congrats Chris!

1 Like

They look in lovely condition!

1 Like

Cor…

1 Like

Thanks all! Here’s the other:

20 Likes

Very nice.

1 Like

They look absolutely lovely. Just like new!

1 Like

9 Likes

Thanks Tim, thanks all. It’s just this morning’s early light!

No, they are good, in lovely condition. Knowing how highly Naim rate the Hornslet* SBLs, when I saw the ‘for sale’ ad, I knew that I had to have this pair of arguably Naim’s most iconic loudspeakers.

I know I will already have the speaker when that happy day comes that I buy a NAC252, SC and NAP250. In the meantime, they seem good in my room with my existing electronics, and with absolutely no tiring overhang. They are just a pleasure.

*Naim geek alert! Possibly little known fact which I only know because I’ve ‘done the gaskets’ and plunged my hands into the lower boxes… as well as being veneered on the inside of the cabinets, there are metal damping pads in the middle of each panel.

4 Likes

3 Likes

to use with your Luxman, Ryder?

Yes, this is used with the Luxman. Another Acrolink cord is used with the Chord DAC. Words cannot describe the improvements I’m getting when the previous Wireworld Elektra7 is replaced with this Acrolink. Very different sound presentation.

2 Likes

It costs 9k new !

1 Like

But then you at least get connecters wrapped in plastic. Personally I just bought a used Powerline at the expected cost of the manual for the Acrolink :laughing:

1 Like

My most expensive power cord costs 2k, a Chord Sarum t . It’s already very expensive.

1 Like

RRP is around £3,000, not 9k. And I paid less for it.

Meni got the Chord Music. That one costs above £5,000.

1 Like

Finally got myself one of these. Mainly to use as a transport into the ndx2/xpsdr. Which sounds mighty fine.
Usual buggeration ( thanks Naim). Came set up for Din. Wondered why there was no analogue output. And when switching to s/pdif, its has to be turned off, then on again.
Gave me the run around for l0 mins!

7 Likes

I have read the wrong one apparently. I see the original price as 5500 dollars. So yes, less expensive vs Chord Music.
It must be not easy to find used one. Well done :+1:

1 Like

Isoacoustic Zen isolation platform.

Adds more clarity to my P8, where it is staying, after a try under my XS3…where to my ears, it failed dismally.

A Teddy Pardo PNH1 phono, which, as might be expected, a great improvement over my previous Angle Audio unit. Far more detail and separation of instruments.
I know it is excessive for my rather old Technics, but will enable me to upgrade the turntable in the future.

7 Likes