What was the last bit of gear you bought?

Oh, c’mon! How difficult can it be? I bet you’re itching to have a go. What could go wrong?:sunglasses:

1 Like

:rofl:

Wonderful Phono stage Yorkshireman :grinning:

1 Like

And the 621 has been ordered, and (given the current situation) will arrive in due course.

Melco n1zh/2. Ex demo. Like new. Was even not run in.
My nds is shining !

12 Likes

NDS - i cant see - its too bright !!! :grinning:

congratulations !

2 Likes

I just changed my headphone amp to a Sony TA-ZH1ES. Really, really happy. The sound is very involving and detailed. More atmospheric if this would be a valid analogy. My previous headphone amplifier, Ayre Codex, has a more direct sound and much higher noise floor. Now, it is more similar than listening through the speakers. The noise floor is the more discernible thing; the Sony has a very black background compare to the Ayre. Death silent. No to mention the many features to enhance functionality and adapt sound to my preferences. The combination with the Focal Utopia is fantastic. Highly recommended.

The NAP 100 at the bottom, thus, I have a question for my learned colleagues. Its connected via a £20 odd DIN to RCA lead, would a better Chord type or Chord RCA to RCA improve the sound?

6 Likes

What a bugger you didn’t unbox pre-Covid! Something nice to look forward to though.

I dont have anything other than a pretty standard $20 ro $40 or so rca to din lead for mine. I’d just use that, and enjoy the music.

2 Likes

Enjoying it alright! I had a Denon CEOL Piccolo before …night and day.

Just installed a Hiline. Know there are mixed opinions, but it definitely works in my system. Very happy :blush:

1 Like

I was very happy when I connected a HiLine to my CD2/SN3…thought it brought a lot!

I folded like a soggy, wet paper sack when a pair of perfect WLM La Scala monitors showed up for sale not far from me. Old school sort of, but sound sublime on my Croft’s and also surprisingly, my Nait 3XS. Fun times!

9 Likes

The upgrade from 1999 Rega Planar 3, Clamshell Brio, Rega EL8 speakers ended today with a Rega P6 Ania + fono MC!

It began a couple of years ago and rather than source 1st, which I now totally understand :wink: it was determined by items that fitted the picture coming availble ex-demo at my Rega/Naim dealer. Beginning with a pair of ProAc Studio 140MkII’s, then Supernait2 when the SN3’s came out, paired with a 2nd hand Rega fono Mk2.
Going into a 4 week lock down I rang my dealer to find out what decks were in stock, since - why not! He said “you should get a P6” then I spotted one on the local online auction site complete with Ania and fono stage, job done. Delivered by a courier who stood a long way away, asked me my name and took a photo of me holding the box as a ‘signature’.

Wow - what an upgrade and what amazing things it reveals in the music. I’m just loving the bass.

10 Likes

:upside_down_face:

2 Likes

@Charlie, shiny!! :+1:

1 Like

What remote is that?

Statement remote

1 Like

I keep forgetting your identity on here :grin:

1 Like