What was the last bit of gear you bought?

Got a great deal on a 250DR. You always need to leave room for another upgrade

6 Likes

This is why some turn off the lights when listening to music. Imagine the shock when light comes on…

3 Likes

What was the last bit of gear you bought?

Not new gear per se, but prompted by @Stephen_Tate, the retermination of some old gear, my Naca5 speaker wires.

It’s as if the drums are being hit harder and there is more sparkle at the top end too. Plus, what was once an annoying and slightly off centre image has now centralised.

Really, this is for anyone who has the slightest doubt about the quality of the soldering on their Naca5… Just get it done!

6 Likes

Not strictly hifi but my latest radio purchase. I love radios and have loads already, the best of which are the Revo Superconnect, Ruark R1 and my beloved Grundig Yachtboy that my grandfather bought in the 60’s. This latest addition is a Geneva Touring S+. Beautifully made with solid aluminium top and buttons. This latest version has a passive bass radiator at rear so has a fantastic sound. Now I just have to save up for that Vitra Eames radio at £849!

7 Likes

The one you have looks very nice, very neat styling

1 Like

After a twenty eight year break from records, brought home this today. Playing the very first LP I bought - And Then There Were Three, Genesis.

29 Likes

You lucky bugger, New Year before i can play Vinyl again

1 Like

I’m having to wait for the extra Atacama shelf to put all the extra little boxes on, but hearing my first ever LP again is a big smile moment.

2 Likes

Always like an SE, Rega arm and Michell counter weight.

1 Like

And the Graham Slee is a real keeper .

A cracking phono stage

3 Likes

Spendor D7.2! After 100 hours, love love them! Precise speakers and helped me say, this is it for this journey. Bought blind.

7 Likes

Congratulations! Enjoy them.

I’d never heard of them until my dealer suggested it for the demo of the Gyro. I assume it is very good because I can hear the Ortofon, the music is good and there is no buzzing or humming. I got it with the power supply. I had thought I’d get a cheaper Moon unit, (there is a Frank Zappa joke there somewhere, but I’m not going to chase it.) but the Graham Slee seems up to the job. My OCD wants it painted black, to match the rest of of my electrics, but the saving grace is that the silver matches the turntable.

1 Like

Sony PS-Q3a - it is really to complete my Sony FH-7 mk3 boombox but in isolation it adds a nice bit of drama and functionality to my streaming system

8 Likes

SMSL SU8 DAC v2
I can’t believe the prices that these Chinese companies sell their gear for if this was an established British company it would sell for in excess of £500 and because the SU9 is out I paid £135 for a used SU8.

1 Like

New Uptone Ether Regen connected to ndx2/XPSdr. Acquired 2 days ago.
It’s a keeper

2 Likes

Never heard of SMSL. How would you describe the sound you’re getting from this DAC? Thanks.

Mine is stuck at Fedex Chelmsford…waiting😬

I’ve not received the dac yet so cannot comment but SMSL have been going a few years now and if you google them there is lots of info on line about them.

As soon as I have the SU8 at home connected to my Auralic Aries Mini I’ll post my findings.

1 Like

A fuse !