What was the last bit of gear you bought?

Do please tell us what do you think of it’s performance.

1 Like

It’s the green egg yolksi can’t stop looking at

Of course.

Thanks @Ian2001.

1 Like

I got my new Supercap DR a couple of days ago :grinning:. How much time it needs before showing its own full potential?!

1 Like

Just got some of these.

2 Likes

My wife saw these at our dealer and wanted me to get a pair for our system – since she thought they could run neatly under the rug – until she saw what they cost.

2 Likes

They certainly don’t align cost wise with running longer distances to the speakers like Naim prefers!

My amp is between my speakers and have a long interconnect from pre to amp, so could get a shorter run for the Heimdalls.

I instead got a 10m pair of WitchHat Phantom at far less cost. I run them behind my wall of record shelves to keep them hidden. We may move the system downstairs to the living room, at which point they might go under the floor (across basement ceiling) between amp and speakers. 10m should be long enough to do that.

2 Likes

I think Nordost make other flat cables besides the Heimdall , but you do have an excellent system

1 Like

Screenshot 2020-11-22 at 09.12.31

The last piece of HiFi bought, this was made for me by Ecosse at a non-standard length.

Screenshot 2020-11-22 at 09.12.31

And the piece before that,

I do like them and they are very well priced for the uplift given

New Fraim shelf and a NAP 300 DR. The shelf took some tracking down due to the multiple variations of cherry but fortunately @Signals had taken 3 shelves in last weekend and were happy to swap legs. I suspect I have @PeterR to thank for this!

Busy afternoon stripping down the Fraim and rebuilding the system back up, I took the opportunity to move the Fraim into the corner where it looks better and also stack them in the best order. My dear wife helped me but categorically refused to polish my balls.

The NAP 300 DR is everything people say it is, just so much more natural and subtle. I was a bit concerned doing the 300 before a Supercap but in no way are any deficiencies in the pre-amp being exposed and fate made it work out this way.

41 Likes

Very neat. I should employ your services!

2 Likes

2 weeks ago a Supercap DR arrived from Cymbiosis as my early birthday present for my Snaxo

10 Likes

I just bought a pair of apple AirPods Pro, mainly to use at work in the noisy environment. Quite good sounding really, I like the noise cancelling feature, it works really well. I work in the moldmaking industry, running a CNC Boringmill, which can be quite loud, with air blowing most of the time. I have the Radio Paradise App on my iPad, which I have been using as my only source really.
When I traded in my NDS, what I mostly missed was Radio paradise and all the variations of it they offer. This setup now enables me to explore new music again, they do not play at deafening levels, which might be a good thing, all in all, I really like them.

1 Like

@scubanasa is that a Uphorik? If so how do you find it with your naim system?

Interesting you should say that. I’m contemplating jumping straight to the 300 from my current 200. I too have a 282/hicapdr. Will be a while yet. I’ve spent too much on my system already this year!

1 Like

That’s a very special 300. Three years of playing The Smiths albums has given it magical powers.

5 Likes

It is very special. I have given it some counselling and a cuddle and it seems very content now.

7 Likes

No, that’s radikal with Urika. It sounding fantastic especially after installing Karousel😎

Cheers

2 Likes