What was the last CD you bought

@MrDom – The Roger Waters and Stones SACDs sound INCREDIBLE if you have a decent SACD player.

4 Likes

Thanks. It was on you’re good advice that I bought them!

This is doing the playing duties: Mark Levinson No.512 that landed today.

7 Likes

Barber: Slatkin/St. Louis

Mahler 6: Boulez/Vienna Phil

3 Likes

RIAS Kammerchor: Schubert, Nachtgesang

3 Likes

3 Likes

Oscar Peterson The Sound Of The Trio / Verve Master Edition

Had been waiting for this purchase to arrive but after a few days received an email from the seller to inform me that he made a mistake and it wasn’t the issue he still had in his shop. Naturally I was disappointed, but all was amicably sorted with something else substituted in its place. Meanwhile I have sourced another mint copy of this edition of The Sound Of The Trio which has now been dispatched. :crossed_fingers:

7 Likes

Melanie De Biasio
Blackened Cities

24 minutes of pleasure.

I’d call it “Sunday Morning” listening…
Best appreciated with a book or newspaper and a coffee.
Rhythmic, melodic, gentle, such a beautiful voice.
Just let it wash over and sooth you.

7 Likes

We Remember Dennis Brown
Tribute album, various artistes inluding Jah9 (a big incentive), double CD. Was going to get the vinyl, but many more tracks on the beermat…

2 Likes

Oxfam shop recently…

9 Likes

Echo & The Bunnymen
The Stars, The Oceans & The Moon, (2018)

Came across this just recently and thought, for a few quid, to give it a listen. Bunnymen classics and new songs with “strings and things attached”. Revisiting some of their greatest songs to rearrange and transform them. Plus, two new tracks added, not released before.

Beccy Cole and Diana Krall

3 Likes

Musically, very good but for a live album, interaction with the audience was virtually zero.

3 Likes

I’ve been pondering that album following a couple of emails from Julia. However, since I don’t tend to play the studio album, Woman to Woman, I think I might give it a miss. I am looking forward to seeing them later in the year with Rumer.

1 Like

Oxfam Shop in Exeter last Saturday.

1 Like

Here’s a blast from the past. I recently bought this. It is a CD version of the album Automatic Fine Tuning by the group of the same name. I had the vinyl of this years ago which came out in 1976 and is quite collectible now. Didn’t know it had come out on CD. I first heard AFT in a John Peel Session in 1976. The cassette tape long lost now sadly and has never been released commercially. One track ‘Racehorses’ was in the session but not on the album and I haven’t heard that for 45 years!!

1 Like

New Artists for me. Quick check on YouTube and I like.

9 Likes

Benson Cookbook_Small

Came across this and bought it today. It’s a Japanese ¥1,000 reissue.

4 Likes

David

2 Likes

Couple of discs arrived this week, first is Massive Attack Live in Belgium which is quite nice.
Second CD

is the excellent Long Distance Trip by Samsara Blues Experiment which is much nicer than the download I purchased.

3 Likes

A recording & performance of Moondog’s music that is new to me.
No chance to play it yet.

4 Likes