What was the last CD you bought

Nice haul, I note bottom left Fred Frith - Guitar Solos

… as a result of following this forum.

1 Like

Both?

:slight_smile:

2 cd from Burnungshed

2 Likes

Just arrived today. Found it at a reasonable price on Discogs. Great condition and fast shipping.

A 3 CD set.

4 Likes

Matthew Halsall - The Temple Within

6 Likes

I would be very interested to hear what you think of those Vikingur Olafsson piano albums, steviebee.

I heard some of the Bach on Radio 3’s Breakfast show with Petroc last year, and resolved to investigate further, then promptly forgot. Your post has piqued my interest again.

Excellent purchase!
Have you heard Akhnaten?
Another great Glass opera.

They sound lovely. I’m no expert in these matters, but I found his keyboard playing and the sound quality excellent.

Satyagraha was a challenge to find and of late has been used in several movie soundtracks (at least parts of it). Been a while since I have heard Akhnaten, not currently in my collection, will have to give it a listen again.

Akhnaten is easier to get hold of, I think.
It took me awhile to track down Satyagraha too, and that was two or three years ago.

The Beatles - Live at the BBC (1994 issue). One of those albums I just never got around to buying when it came out, so really looking forward to giving it a spin.

14 Likes

Charity shop this afternoon.

2 Likes

Weather Report - ‘Procession’ (1983).
Recently received second hand online. Have had this before and already have on vinyl. ‘Plaza Real’ is the standout track for me at the moment.

1 Like

The next batch of Bernie Grundman-mastered Candid reissues: Booker Ervin, Cecil Taylor, Booker Little, Pee Wee Russell & Coleman Hawkins and Clark Terry. All are slated for LP reissues too at some point – don’t know when.

5 Likes

Steve Hackett - Genesis Revisited Live Seconds Out & more only released today 2nd Sept.

3 Likes

That is great one.

The Specials - Protest Songs, 1924 - 2012.

5 Likes

That Booker Little record is a gem and has been tricky to source. I had to order it from Japan.

2 Likes

Surpassingly full blooded on my P3ESR

2 Likes