What was the last CD you bought

Bought new today on CD. Not exactly new music (1978 and 1979), I remember some of it from back then but never got the recordings at the time until now!

13 Likes

We were visiting Dunwich Heath and I bought these in the NT shop. I am not fussy and enjoy buying music that I am unfamiliar with and often you are pleasantly surprised. At 50p each there is not much to lose! First disc listened to is the French Connection with Neville Mariner and he never disappoints.

5 Likes

3 Likes

2 Likes

I am trying to be good and compromise - by buying this - and not all the DCD back catalogue … :grimacing:

Will it work, though… :thinking:

(OMG - Approved by @Debs !!)

4 Likes

Double CD from the B3 maestro.

4 Likes

Charity shop this afternoon.

4 Likes

Duke, Bessie Smith, Bing, Frank, Satch, Krupa, etc.

2 Likes

So, in a state of euphoria as a consequence of my triumph in repairing my daughter’s desktop PC (duff PSU), and assisted by listening to the 2018 remix of that well known album Pig Flying Over Battersea, I sat down on the AMZ website.
This remix was going cheap at five and a half quid:

And AMZ kindly suggested I might like this one, also going for a knock down price:
A bit more wandering and another remix came up on DVD and CD - and it appears that the set lists are different, so they both went into the cart.:

And now I’ve discovered Nick Mason’s Saucerful Of Secrets…

9 Likes

New oufit to me.
Neptunian Maximalism & its Supernova Arkestra
Set Chaos To The Heart Of The Moon
Live at Roadburn 2021, Nederlands.

CD & DVD

An awesome-looking 11-CD box set from Mosaic, done to their usual high standards.

More here: ‘Classic Black & White Jazz Sessions’ (recordings from 1943-1949) – London Jazz News

3 Likes

Delivered this morning, very carefully packed even taking the effort for small bubble wrap between CD and jewel case.

Very Mercenary- The Herbaliser

1 Like

Ordered to fill a couple of gaps in my naim CD collection, from the naim records online store.

John Holloway, Jaap ter Linden, Lars Ulrik Mortensen naimcd037
A London Concert

The Allegri String Quartet naimcd067
Haydn String Quartet in F Major / MacMillan Tuireadh / Schubert String Quartet in A Minor

10 Likes

Found this in Amazon France: Prince and the Revolution - Live.

3 Likes

Ordered today, should be here on Monday.

51XWuCWcIcL

11 Likes

14 Likes

Battles Juice B Crypts

2 Likes

Great label Chandos

1 Like

Deerhoof La Isla Bonita

2 Likes

The Complete Freddie Hubbard Blue Note & Impulse Studio Sessions Limited Edition Box Set

Playing nicely on the new Tablette 10.

7 Likes