What was the last CD you bought

Dying to know what you think of it Pete - I love it.

Haven’t listened to it yet but will today at some time. Played his greatest hits (Qobuz) over the weekend and thought it was like having a new Go Between’s album. Also Robert Forsters Play a Song album both were fantastic.

1 Like

Bought these for a fiver including postage from Discogs. There is an interesting video where Nigel North explains about the construction, tuning and playing of the lute. Only a few minutes well worth a listen. (Lute 101 with Nigel North).

8 Likes

A mix of new and used. Should keep me going for a few days.

6 Likes

One CD, one LP, one Blu-ray and one DVD. And a very nice book.

13 Likes

Hedvig’s new one!

2 Likes

Tracey Thorn - Record.

7 Likes

Released a few weeks ago. An intellectual exchange between piano and trumpet, a search for sound more than music which left me bored. In other words, a typical ECM recording of lately. Pity.

1 Like

On the recommendation of @graham55 :smiley:

And it’s Bandcamp Friday, so:
folder

5 Likes

Simply brilliant.

8 Likes

Rolling Stones - Their Satanic Majesties Request.

11 Likes

Saw Emily supporting Mary Chaplin - Carpenter, very good.

1 Like

2 Likes

I haven’t been buying many CDs, but the combination of a Presto Classical box sale, a $5.00 coupon, and the need to treat myself, led to my first physical box set purchase of the year.

4 Likes

Enjoying some early RM

16 Likes

Are you ready?

6 Likes

7CD set:

13 Likes

Mark Knopfler - Studio Albums 2009-2018
Preordered months ago for a 7th October release through Amazon, then came the announcement that the release would be delayed due to production problems, with an unknown release date. Then on Sunday Amazon informed me that the item was shipping from France, and the box set arrived today. I guess the production issues only affected the UK release.

12 Likes

Bjork - Medulla.

9 Likes

A 5-CD box set (collecting together bangers, classics and obscurities from EMI’s much-missed Harvest label) very kindly given to me by an old friend for my recent birthday:

7 Likes