What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

Bought the original the day it came out. Good listening.

That popped up in my Juno feed yesterday, I have it in my stream collection but not heard it yet

Finished high on quite a few best of lists in 2020 and a very good recording. I have the vinyl too…

2 Likes

Well worth a listen Dread - the first couple if minutes are a little more abstract than the rest but a gorgeous set one of my best of 2020.

3 Likes

Cheers it’s on my playlist for this afternoon pending an order for the LP.
The Christian McBride I posted a day or two ago is very good on LP, gatefold sleeve good sounding, flat and quiet pressing (RTI I think)
:+1:

3 Likes

Two days in a row from my excellent postie, again ordered from Juno yesterday.
Not something that tends to get posted here, but if you happen to like early eighties roots/dub reggae this is an essential Greensleeves 12" Classic
Wayne Wayde Poor & Humble/ Bunny Lie Lie Babylonian
Recorded at Channel One with the Roots Radics Band and dub mixed by the legendary Scientist at King Tubbys.
A very welcome re issue.

:heart:

2 Likes

The cover piqued my curiosity so streamed from Qobuz. What an astonishing album, unlike anything I have ever heard before, but absolutely compelling. As a retired caver I would love to hear this at full volume in a large chamber underground :stuck_out_tongue:

My interest piqued by the forthcoming Nancy Sinatra release, I found this 1970 US Reprise press for not much…and it sounds wonderful! Great production.

Nancy’s Greatest Hits - With A Little Help From Her Friends

10 Likes

Darkside - Psychic

and
Gil Scott-Heron - The Revolution Will Not Be Televised

4 Likes

@anon39880737
I don’t know Darkstar ( Dead connection?) but Gil Scott Heron is just brilliant. I’m loving the remix/reimagine of I’m New Here - very worth hearing if you’ve not.

3 Likes

Oops my mistake, Darkside, not Darkstar! Fixed now.

@Deeg
Just discovered a review of Maria Franz voice by Elizabeth Zharoff, a Vocal Coach/Opera Singer, on her channel “The Charismatic Voice” on YT. I don’t think links are allowed here, so if you are interested in what a professional singer thinks about a piece of music by Heilung, just search for it. I will say this much, she is extremely impressed with the performance of the group, especially Marie’s voice.

Admittedly, I don’t understand everything she says, but enough to understand her enthusiasm and many explanations.

Enjoy

1 Like

Arrived just now… the third of Bowie’s Brilliant Live Adventures.

9 Likes

4 Likes

Thanks for the heads up, interesting to see all the various vocal techniques described. just seen also there is going to be an interview between the two of them streaming in an hour or so on youtube.

2 Likes

Staring out of window waiting for mine !

1 Like

Thx for the hint. Reminder is on

Just arrived :grinning:

18 Likes

As Kev, arrived safely today LP & CD.
3 down, 3 to go!

6 Likes

I wonder what the next one’s gonna be? I’ve been constantly checking the Bowie.com and Dig! sites constantly these past few days…

1 Like