What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

That design is an absolute mare if the outer sleeve is even slightly tight. I had the Naka’s and I’ve slung them all out.

Picked up this Tone Poet today. Predictably good.

3 Likes

Grant Green: Idle Moments.

3 Likes

I use Nagokas mostly, the Tonars are also great value as you say but a while back I got some really cheap as chips unbranded ones from Covers 33, I tend to use them as back up when I run out but they look and feel the same as Nagoka

Packs of 10, 50 or 100

:heart:

1 Like

You must have a helluva lot of records with tight sleeves! :wink:
I know what you mean though, just takes a bit of extra care. Turn the Nakoga 45 degrees in the inner sleeve so its opening is enclosed. Smooth it out so no air is trapped and the inner with Nak should go in fine, just takes a bit of patience.

The inner sleeve is usually tight in the outer in the first place being the issue, not so much the additional poly inner. Another option is to have some Poly outer sleeves and put the inner lined with a Nak and outer record sleeve separately within the poly outer

Richard how is your copies’ pressing quality?
My copy of Nightfly Is not that bad but I have a very short moment of non fill on IGY and a not so soft ‘pop’ on Maxine. It Is also lightly scratched, Just inoffensive hairlines…
A friend of mine already returned 2 copies, non fill, audible scratches and One had a damaged spine too :disappointed:
I Hope you are luckier… :slightly_smiling_face:

Mine is fine. A bit specially flat and a bit dry though, but likely the recording.

Chet Baker - Baby Breeze, Mercury/Limelight Series Mono (1965)

Some fantastic vocals by Chet the story goes he had, had his trumpet ‘stolen’ just prior to this recording and so plays a borrowed fluglehorn .

R-3184379-1319540782.jpeg (1)

1 Like

Chet Baker Quintet - Cools Out Mono, Boplicity (1986)

Stellar line up including Art Pepper on The Route, Jimmy Bond and Bobby Timmons.

1 Like

Been playing Below the Bassline on Qobuz while working and while whiskying, in anticipation of the vinyl repress release, and have to say it is a top quality - choons, vibes and playing. Great tip, timeless sound.

1 Like

If it’s also on Qobuz try Memories Of Barber Mack also by Ernest Ranglin

I’m so excited. I have a copy already, but it’s in poor condition. I do not have a favourite album. Apart from this one. This is my favourite album. It’s such a strong emotional link to my teenage years. I flipping love ACR, and this is their best piece for me. A bit commercial, maybe. Just full of great songs.

Work has been full on recently, midnight finishes etc. The weekend is looking busy too. Regardless, I shall find time this weekend to sit down and listen to this end to end. The world can go **** itself for an hour whilst I do so X)

Happy Friday party people!

1 Like

Postman just been with these from Diverse Vinyl:
Coldplay - Music of the Spheres

and

Norah Jones - I dream of Christmas
Been told I can’t play Norah till December… think the headphones might have to come out for a sneaky listen

1 Like

2 Likes

Durutti Column!

1 Like

What a beautiful piece of work.

The 45rpm side of Down Let Me Down, sounds incredible. Stunning vinyl boxset. Stunning.

6 Likes

The Beatles - Let It Be, 5 LP box set. Picked up a copy this morning from HMV, and it is exquisitely done.

Edit: Forgot to mention that early HMV customers also get a Beatles tote bag as part of the purchase too, which is a nice touch…

11 Likes

6 Likes

I had a momentary lapse of reason… :grimacing: This is an album never released since 1981…

Had to get these with Suicide and Alan Vega!
For Cubist Blues, Alan Vega is said to have shown up with the lyrics for one song from a clipping in New York Post. The rest, and the songs were made up during the long improvised recording session…

Suicide_-_A_Way_of_Life

3 Likes