What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

I think I bought the last Back Street Crawler album on the river at £9.99. Only available from third parties now. Arrived today👍🏻
Thanks for the heads up!!

1 Like

Perfect pressing (after second copy delivered). Very nicely mastered. Comparing ‘I Want To Break Free’ to my old original copy of ‘The Works,’ this new pressing has a lot more deeper bass and is sweeter. Voice is slighty more set back within the music. Sounds great. Shame the complete Live Aid setlist wasn’t on it though.

5 Likes

What can I say? Resistance was futile. I cracked…

According to the Decca site, “the recordings have been lovingly remastered at Gearbox Records’ Studios, London, directly from the original tapes, using a Studer C37 ¼-inch stereo tape machine. They were then equalised through an all-valve mastering desk built bespoke for Decca studios in the late 1950s, Vintage Lang Pultec EQ, Prism Maselec EQ and Telefunken U73b valve limiters from 1959.”

5 Likes

What took you so long? I caved when Amazon cut the price before Christmas.

I have them all on CD, plus I have one or two of the originals such as Mexican Green (which, judging by Discogs, I could probably sell to pay for the entire box!). I guess I knew I was inevitably going to crack - just wanted to get past January first.

1 Like

Oh dear…

Yodel just delivered the Tubby Hayes box from Decca. It looked a bit bashed about from the outer packaging. Luckily there’s quite a heavy outer cardboard that it comes in from Optimal, but oh no, it looks like it has already had previous damage and someone has tried to tape it up again. Inside the actual box set has a very nasty corner crush. What’s very odd is that the crushed corner of the outer card box is different to the one of the set within. Looks like someone re-packed a bish set and decided to fob it off on me. Naughty Decca. I’m not happy… :frowning_face:

Decca box damage2

2 Likes

8 Likes

3 Likes

Arrived today

7 Likes

Just ordered two albums, released on 20 March.

Ian William Craig

Rustin Man

1 Like

I love these music room threads . I have been introduced to Misty in roots,Bach and Keef Hartley and now Rustin Mann. I am inspired to dig out Talk Talk and Portishead

1 Like

After some discussion on one of the music threads I found a copy of this album, Present Tense, by Sphere. I used to love watching a Geoff Williams playing. Great band. Pleased I found it.

1 Like

Four prime slabs of Curtis. The packaging is lovely and looks completely authentic, can’t wait to hear the records! A bargain on the River, thanks to Jim (@anon56864344) for the heads up!

3 Likes

Another copy of X-Dreams, as mine had a playable but annoying warp. Great album.

Just waiting for Annette’s I Have No Feelings to arrive, too…

And another copy of The Slits’ second, with promo 7" interview and Face Dub. Sweet.

2 Likes

I picked up a copy of this double vinyl at the weekend for £5.49

My copy has different front cover artwork.
Two nice flat pressings.

1 Like

Still not worked out how to send pictures but just received T.rex Tanx. On 180g clear vinyl. Sounds better than cd of course. The last of Marc’s good albums I think

3 Likes

This version ?

6 Likes

Yes thanks Penny. That’s the one. Well presented including inner sleeve.

No poster with my copy

1 Like