What's going to happen to your system after your great escape

My view is…at a selfish level when approaching death one loses the connection with belongings they no longer matter…no matter what they are worth…I have whitnessed this on a number of occaisions part of lifes big cycle…nobody remembers actually being born…and likewise…death is a form of release letting go of all physicality…and connections…it no longer matters…or is of any use. But it does matter to those left behind. I think it’s pretty important to try and achieve ones potential in life and not to have a wriggly death…it’s probably the scariest and most frighteneing thing that can happen…to a person…it happened to my dad and it haunts me to this day.

6 Likes

Two problems with that approach: firstly, you could pop your cloggs in 14yrs 11 months, or in 14 days - there is no way of predicting (AFAIK!). Secondly, you then have to live with whatever “downsized” system you change it for.

In my case I’m changing nothing willingly (other than for the better), but intend (and must get around to it ASAP for the ‘firstly’ reason above) to note what is what, how it should be connected, instructions for use, and rough indication of secondhand component values. When I pop my cloggs I suspect my wife if she survives me will simply pass it on to one or other of our sons (otherwise they inherit).

1 Like

Dealer already advised. They will quickly learn of my departure.

If they see a Mr. Thrifty van in the car park when they arrive to open up it will be my daughter… How much is it really worth? No part exchange, thank you.

1 Like

Controllable by getting off your A$$ and an iOS device (-;

Amp 4.8Kg
Dac/Streamer 0.5Kg
Speakers 8.5Kg each
plus cables & interconnects

I’ll take my “system” with me into retirement and it wont be a burden for those after me.

Something that hasn’t been suggested yet, though once upon a time was the norm: have it buried with you, to enjoy in the afterlife…!

2 Likes

You beat me to that one :+1:

Being Swedish and retired I’ve done my “Swedish death cleaning” throughout and the Naim system is marked, have its boxes marked and I have written info on suggested ways to dispose of it.

Likewise some other stuff to make and mix music etc.

1 Like

Acoustics would be terrible though. Perhaps just an MP3 player and a set of headphones would do

Have heard of that. Is that typically Swedish? Some sort of book or so?

This is all a bit morbid, but I’ve actually been there. A number of years ago I had cancer not sure of the outcome so I sold off most of my equipment. I didn’t die so built it all back. Now I just have it all Willed to my son. With suggestions on what to do with it.

2 Likes

It’s the same old story, you can’t take it with you when your dead, i was just talking to my dealer at Music Matters Solihull the other day, my with will deal with all the issues if i snuff it, unfortunately i got a REGA 8 last month so i ain’t going just yet :smiley::smiley:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.