What's the next bit of gear you're planning to buy in 2024?

That’s great to hear, looking forward to seeing your build … I’m sure you’ll love them :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Yeah I know what you mean. It’s direct sunlight coming through open blinds so I think it’s just that. Any other time they all look the same.

1 Like

I already had a pair of Totem Arro’s sitting unused in the closet so decided yesterday to order one of those new Wiim Amps to go with my Totem’s to replace a Sonos Beam sound bar in the living room TV set up. Will hopefully give me the option to finally have listenable background music and who knows, might be able to turn off subtitles when watching movies on Netflix lol.

3 Likes

Sean Jacobs PS DC4 is $7500.00 way more than I’m willing to spend.

I guess if it really looked that bad one could simply replace them for a few $ with Torx or Hex heads.

Whouah! Didn’t thought it costs that much. The Uptone JS1 is around 1k. The top MCRU , 800 euros.

1 Like

Not purchased yet, but these were left by my local dealer today as he took away the Fyne F702s (which were too big physically, and needed too much space behind them to sound at their best).

Only a few hours listened on the Fink Team Kims, but they both sound rather nice, have a really nice balanced bass at low volume, and passed through the aesthetics committee with flying colours.

Please excuse the tangle of cables - the recent addition of an ND555 meant more power cables, and it’s a bit of a mess until the Chord M6 arrives…

13 Likes

Yes, my dealer showed us these and my wife rather liked the look of them. Then my dealer said how much they cost and that was that.

1 Like

They are a bit spendy (towards the upper end of stand mounts), but happily cheaper than what i had been looking at on ur floor stander front. Especially if i go where i was originally thinking of with a PMC Fact.12 or Titan 606.

1 Like

They look really nice, and a bit different from the pack. If you do go for them, would you get their angled stands? As they would alter the sound, it would probably be a good idea to try the speakers on their bespoke stands before committing.

The stands are permanently fixed to the speaker, and are sold with them (they come in the box with stands attached.

The angles on the stand are designed to phase align the treble and bass driver. Or something - I’m not going to pretend i understand the science of what that means beyond “the sounds from both drivers arrive at your ears at the same time”

Ah, so you have already got them. The slope wasn’t as clear in your photo, but I see it now. They do look really good and it will be interesting whet you think of them over time. So many have Kudos and it’s good to see something different.

1 Like

Very nice indeed - very interesting speakers.

It looks like you have Roon which would allow you to use a Fink designed filter which i remember being mentioned as beneficial in the Hi-Fi Critic review (You can find this online via the Fink team website reviews section). Might be worth a look once they’ve settled in.

2 Likes

Thanks - i read the Martin Collums review last night - it was interesting. I’ll ask my dealer about the filters - i had a look last night but couldn’t find them on the website (and as you say, it would be worth having a listen to find out what difference they make)

1 Like

They did sound really nice when I heard them. My dealer recommended them if I ever move up from my Forest Signatures. Will be interested in how you get on with the demo.

Those Fink Team Kims are nice looking things. Fink are behind the new Epos ES14n too I think, the form factor is similar, a large “bookshelf”, slanted front baffle. Lowish stands. With the rebirth of speakers like the JBL l100 I wonder if we’re witnessing a bit of a (re?)emerging trend!? As HH says, it is nice to see some different speakers

1 Like

This STST turntable with a Schröder CB tonearm partnered with a Nait 50 (not in the pic) got me dreaming of a small simplistic analogue system. Beautiful.

36 Likes

As indeed are Naims own SBLs…

Something very rewarding in such a nice simple system, purposeful and tangible.

For years we lived with a Nait 2 and first a Rega then a LP12, and a tuner, all analogue.

There were some ventures into digital & dacs but to be honest for a long time it was all we needed.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.