When Your Dealer Says There is no Need to Upgrade!

In a long conversation with my dealer, he strongly feels there is no need to upgrade.

I have the following system, that was purchased in September of 2023. It is my first Naim system.

SN3
Spendor A4
ND5XS2
HicapDR
Naim CD5si
Chord Shawline Interconnects
Isotek power management and power cables
Rega p9 with Exact (former system)
Focal Utopia headphones ( on order)
Custom focal cable

I am visually impaired and I can see how to operate everything. This may preclude some newer gear with LCD panels.

He feels if anything the system can support significantly better speakers. However we really like the A4. Moreover the A4 are not tall snd do not interfere with our NYC skyline view which is a factor.

I am glad my dealer puts client interests first. We go back 40 years and I trust him.

WHAT DO YOU DO WHEN YOU GET OFF THE UPGRADE TRAIN?

20 Likes

Relax and be happy. No more chasing £££££ rainbows…

13 Likes

Enjoy the music…

14 Likes

Whoooppeeee….

Sit back and enjoy the music, and don’t fret about upgrades….unless there is something about the presentation you are not happy with.

Your dealer is a class act, advising you to stick with what you have.

17 Likes

Enjoy the music and withdraw from all hifi forums, especially this one, which feeds dissatisfaction.

20 Likes

My advice would be to delete your profile from this forum and never read anything on here again.

Edit: @CliveB beat me to it!

8 Likes

Buy a turntable so you can spend thousands more on equipment and records :innocent:

3 Likes

Just frequent the music room and try or buy new music.

9 Likes

That reads like a very nice system indeed. Three sources covered very nicely. As others have said, log off, and just enjoy it!

2 Likes

@llatpoh76 i have a Rega P9 that I am using with an Exact. I have about 2500 LPs and 500 CDs.

6 Likes

Get a new dealer. :innocent::rofl:

10 Likes

Nice system, similar to mine actually
The CD player is underrated by many here, sounds great to me though

3 Likes

Or, spend more time in the Music Room part of this forum, that has been incredibly good for me in terms of finding new music to enjoy!

5 Likes

Spend the money on records and gigs

3 Likes

I think the RP9 looks really nice. Never heard one but I imagine it sounds as good as it looks.

I’ve never had a dealer tell me I need to upgrade and would likely avoid them if they did.

3 Likes

@twofifty. I have nothing to compare it to. I have had it for about 10 years. I used to have a Linn LP12, it it became too difficult to manage b/c of disability. A non suspended TT suits me better. I have not considered anything above the P9. I have lots of records but don’t play them frequently enough to warrant anything above the phono stage in the SN3. These days I am gravitating to streaming and CD which I find way easier to manage, particularly streaming. My focus has shifted from absolute SQ to ease of management, given disability.

6 Likes

Luckily streaming does not have to be a compromise on SQ.

1 Like

@Bjm i am impressed with the ND5XS2. Its lack of an LCD panel suits us. We never had streaming before. When we got our Naim system we decided to hard wire. Because of our apartment construction, WiFi is non-existent where our stereo is. We tried for years (Apple Music) and gave up.

I too owned one briefly before changing to the NDX2. It is very capable and I would personally recommend Qobuz, preferably via Roon, for streaming. Your wired connection is more robust so you should have a great streaming experience. Good luck and enjoy your music.

1 Like