Where are all the bees 🐝?

Regarding bees and insects… I ripped out my gras and planted some plants and flowers for bees…

And put some small plates in the garden with water for birds and bees …they love it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Another hoverfly - they seem to be more common than bees or wasps this year.

Well the better weather seems to have brought back the bees and lots of ants too - the flying ones appearing today. Not quite the usual quantity of bees in our garden but certainly more around than there were a couple of weeks back. We seem to be on a Bee flight path though as over the last two days our cars have been covered in yellow pollen spots and streaks. We usually get a few spots on the cars but this year it seems to be a bumper year for bee poo !

That is quite a vehicle James.

Thanks - it’s a lot of fun, bee poo and all !

Our laurel hedges attract a lot of bees, so I can’t say we feel hard done by for that :+1:t3:.
The other morning however I was sat at the garden table with a lovely cup of strong coffee ( the blessings of being retired) mulling over my plans for the day, and suddenly a crescendo of wasp noise was building up behind me. Even in my waking up mode I realised, that this could not be a remotely normal wasp literally sounding like a drone right behind my head. Before I managed to turn my head it decided to land on the table next to my cup. I had a quick look in and ran inside very very quickly :scream:. Here you go:

ATB Peter

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.