Which CD player for Supernait?

Depends on how you classify " next to nothing". I’d snap one up if I could find a 2.2 for £1500. Paid £1100 for my cd5xs. But I only use it as a transport, I was happy to go with the cd5xs

A CDX2 really shines on a full Fraim shelf, I’d take that before a power supply even into a 282/hi/250, having originally done it the other way on Lite.

1 Like

There was a 2.2 at 1,500€ on a French site a few days ago, it’s gone now. Nobody wants them any more… except old-timers like us.

1 Like

“next to nothing” is a question of definitions

Indeed, but depreciation has been horrendous for CD players in recent years. Hence the “next to nothing” - a CDX2 was around £5,000 new only a couple of years ago, wasn’t it?

1 Like

Yeah sure, prices for CD555 and CDS3 are also much lower and great quality for a very good price. I just am not in the habit of considering 1500 to be next to nothing :wink:

2 Likes

Neither I am… perhaps “next to nothing” was a bit exaggerated - but so many on this forum have full 500 systems that you begin to think £1,500 is just pocket money. I’m not in that league, I hasten to add.

1 Like

Sure, in a 500 system. But this thread is about a Supernait :wink: But yeah, it’s something to consider.

Hegel Mohican ?

Does anyone have any experience of the Luxman DN150 cd player?

Thanks everyone for the thoughtful replies! Some folks mentioned transports—has anyone found any success using a transport into the SN1 dac? I happen to like the dac in the ‘nait, but have no clue how it would handle a cd file.

Hi Bob,
@feeling_zen has experience with the Luxman D-N150. See his thread here that has some information on it.

br,
pat

1 Like

When I had CD5XS and SN1, I did try using digital out from the CD player into the SN. It worked well, but as I had an nDAC, it was only an experiment and unsurprisingly not as good as the CD5XS/nDAC. However a decent used transport, such as Meridian 200 or 500 into the DAC in the SN could be a cost-effective way forward.

Roger

1 Like

Hi @patk
Many thanks, greatly appreciated.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.