Which record cleaner do you recommend?

I’m still using the Project VC-S Mk 1.5 that replaced my old Nitty Gritty. Apart from the curly labels, it’s been great and still does a brilliant cleaning job despite having cleaned hundreds, or possibly even thousands of LPs. Now on its third set of felt “lips” and its third cleaning brush. I use the Pro-Ject Wash-it cleaning concentrate - which reminds me, I need to make up some more cleaning fluid…

2 Likes

I think they may have abandoned the concentrate in favour of ready mixed (Proiect Wash-It 2). I use the Alu-2 and wholeheartedly endorse your findings. A real bonus is the ability to clean as you go - buy record - clean record - straight on the turntable. No static and all records definitely sound better.

I have an early one too. Does the job just fine. Noisy, but sorted with noise cancelling headphones

I used the Knosti Disco Antistat 40 years ago and all the records I cleaned with it are stunning, as long as I did not over recycle the fluid. Cheap and effective. Cleaning stops the static dust over the years.
It was recommended by Grahams hi-fi when i was getting them to clean records with the KM machine. I now have their KM machine, other machines are available :grinning:

Still happy with the old Okki Nokki. Affordable and reliable.

IMG_2913
Hibernating coffins

1 Like

Both collect dust. :wink: :rofl:

1 Like

Dust if they stop working. Yes, :+1:

1 Like