Which replacement AV Receiver?

Seems odd…? Mine runs just off the WiFi - which is line of sight to/from my router. A full reset sounds like a good idea, I think.

1 Like

That is very strange. I have three AppleTVs connected to ethernet and never have issues.

1 Like

Update for anyone interested.

Ethernet LAN now working OK. Still don’t know why it stopped working originally.

Problem with the Apple TV deciding to switch TV and Anthem off while I was playing a game on the XBox X was still happening, so I tried playing with some of Apple TV settings and eventually disable the bit where it had control of my TV and AVR. Now working OK, but I do the switching using my TV and Anthem remotes.

The only remaining problem is that sometimes Netflix doesn’t appear on the home screen! However, if I do a search for something which I know is on Netflix, suddenly it’s back again. I’m going to go into the settings and move it to the first row of Home Screen to see if that fixes it. If not, I think I’m at the point of doing a Factory reset and setting it up again.

Unrelated to the above, my Harmony Elite remote has ‘died’. This is unfortunate because I can’t find my NAC552 remote (rCom?) and I was using the Harmony applications to control the NAC552, Humas PVR and Oppo 103. I’ve looked everywhere I can think of to find it. I can, of course, control the volume (when using LP12 or streaming from NAS) using the NDS remote, but it means actually having to press the buttons on the front of the NAC - minor irritation. I’m not going to bother getting another Harmony, since Logitech no longer make it, but the price of a pukka NAC552 is too high for the amount of use it would get - so I’ve ordered a third party compatible remote so that I can continue to be lazy.

1 Like

I too went with a Denon Avr-X4700h and more recently the X1800h both sound amazing and with the somewhat recent HEOS update to the app work even better. I heard that Marantz now supports Tidal connect so I assume that will be rolled out to the Denon too.