Which speakers interface well with Naim?

Anyone tried the larger Duevels, the Bella Luna or Sirius?
I see one of the comics reviewed Bella Lunas with xs level Naim and seemed to like them, also there’s someone on here with a pair of Venus (Veni? Venuses?). I’ll likely have enough space for omnis soon (ca 50sq metres) and walls that won’t compliment my NBLs. MBLs impressed at Munich, which is the reason I’m considering omnis, but Duevels are so much nicer looking than the lower end of MBL’s range and so far Shahinians (I’ve heard the Forests but not Obelisks), which get some approval on here, haven’t quite done it for me.

Still, these data are more important than the speaker brand … You will not put a 2/3 way, floor stander, in a 3X4 meter room …
And you have not yet taken into account the WAF…
In my experience, I would sample the following list-
Naim S400 / 600
Neat Orchestra
Dynaudio
Harbeth / Spandor, for stand mount

1 Like

I’ve just added some Wharfedale Elysium 4’s. They sound superb with the Naim equipment, their scale is awesome. I’ve had PMC, Tannoy and historically Ditton 66 etc. So if you enjoy your large Tannoys, these might be worth an audition.

I love my 1990s Castle Howard S2 quarter wave speakers, which I got on eBay around three years ago from a guy in the Netherlands (most of the time with the ones available on eBay in the UK, it’s collection only and I live in the Channel Islands).

They were fine with my Superuniti, but sound even better with my recently acquired Supernait 3. I like a variety of musical genres and the Howards are very good across a wide range. The bass isn’t head-bangingly deep, but it is tight and very well controlled.

You need a reasonable-sized living room for them to sound at their best.

The current range of, I believe Chinese made, Castle transmission line speakers look rather good, but I haven’t heard any in the flesh.

If i had your speakers in a proper room i would never part with them.My advise would be to move to a suitable amp.

The B and W 706 S2 with nait 5i-2, a match made in heaven and getting better as they run in!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.