Which wine are you drinking? Tell us about it

I love the Wachau gruner made by Grabenwekstatt. Taking one to a lunch on Saturday. Impressive quality.

1 Like

Seeing that Freycinet reminds me of visiting there in 2018. Tasmanian Chardonnay and Pinot are both excellent and the fizz just seems to evaporate!

1 Like

Agree Quickben

Curly Flat Pinots are wonderful and an absolute bargain in my books

Most Pinots from Macedon Ranges are excellent including Bindi

Cheers

1 Like

Mrs Pete and I had a Tasmanian bubbly at our wedding 23 years ago, long before Tasmanian wines were knowledged. Can’t think of the name of it but we bought 4 cases and they were all gone before we realised it. I’ve been trying to track them down recently (thought it might a nice touch on our anniversary) but can’t remember it’s name, thought it was something to do with fish. :grin:

1 Like

Interesting. I’ve had some very nice GVs over the years … or so I thought.
I had most likely aged then a few years, maybe this helps?

Pete if you want a fantastic Tassie sparkling wine

If you can find it - Stefano Lubiana Grand Vintage

It’s about $80 a bottle ( around $10 cheaper if club member ) , I just polished off the 2010 vintage last bottle , it’s a beauty, I see all sold out so I’m trying to track down somewhere but no luck so far damn it. Must find out when next release is, it’s only made in best seasons.

It’s fantastic for special occasions I’m sure you and Mrs Pete would really enjoy it , quite robust and meaty shall we say

I don’t bother with overpriced French champagne anymore

There are so many sparklings coming out of Tassie now and by and large they are excellent

1 Like

I do enjoy the local bubbly but I don’t mind the odd French champagne occasionally.

Here is the wine list at our current hotel. Jackpot! The M3 Chardonnay is delicious! :+1:

1 Like

Yep - meant to say occasionally do the French stuff but by and large the Tassie ones do it for me

Some of the French rose champagnes are magnificent if you have a spare $200 in your hip pocket

Struggling to read that, what city are you in.

Some crackers on that list William

1 Like

$200, chicken fee. :rofl::grin:

1 Like

Ha ha - I use to go there and beyond but have controlled myself recently

It’s all-inclusive here, I am indeed struggling to control myself

4 Likes

Ah the big rock. It’s beautiful enjoy yourself.

1 Like

Go for it William :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Really glad to hear you’re enjoying the M3 - always slightly nervous when making recommendations!

1 Like

Fromm Clayvin Vineyard Pinot Noir 2013 from Marlborough Region , South Island NZ

It’s absolutely wonderful , I was a bit worried that it wouldn’t go the 9 years as most from that region usually go for around 5 years or so

Bit of a stunner

8 Likes

A quick search comes up with Bream Creek - was that it ?

No I didn’t not think so, but thanks for looking.