Which wine are you drinking? Tell us about it

Potentially Graham, could be Pete ?

It’s pretty good , but there are so many now that are excellent quality and good prices

Friday evening relaxing in the summer sun. Fevre 1er cru Chablis pretty good - every sip is an explosion of flavour on the palate. Reminds me of why I love my Naim system - always something new!

10 Likes

Very generous

Lovely. And great to see it has some age too. Lots of these wines are drunk way too young (I’m also guilty of that - impatience!). Enjoy.

Couple of premium West Australian Margaret River Cabernets for later this evening

(1) the 2010 Moss Wood is a straight Cabernet Sauvignon ( tried a bottle when younger , really good )

(2) the 2010 Cullen Diana Madeline is a blend 77% cab sauv, 10% merlot, 6% petit verdot, 4% Malbec and 3% cab franc . Never tried this one but they reckon it’s heavenly gets amazing reviews

Both these will go at least 20 years evidently but let’s see if they have held , I suspect so

9 Likes

Meant to say also a bonus in background

Neat Petite 30th anniversary speakers :+1:

We had a Tassie Rosé sparkling wine followed by several Curly Flat Chardonnays for lunch after a 5:45 start and a 5-hour tour of Kata Tjuta. Need a sleep before the next 3-hour walking tour.
Will try a Leeuwin Pinot Noir with dinner.
As Rod would say, it’s hard work but someone’s gotta do it :grin:

1 Like

Glad you’re not only enjoying the scenery but the wines as well, it still is a very lucky country.

Margaret River produce some great wines, I’ve not been there but we are planning to get there soon.

Did you like the curly flat William ? I certainly do

Let’s know about that Pinot after you have tried it

That’s a West Australian vineyard and usually pinots are not that great from WA , but they may source the grapes from another State

Always exceptions of course

Cheers, you are a lucky guy sampling all these wines

I really hope that @Eoink has been keeping well (taking into consideration that it has been several weeks since his last post) as I do sincerely miss his descriptive and informative palate for wine. God bless you :heart:

6 Likes

WA cab sauvs best in Australia I reckon. Some great Chardonnay’s come out of there also

Had a few Shiraz’s which can be quite ok also

Another variety is Zindafel - a huge wine , I met this WA guy he drank it all the time, one I remember was 15% alcohol , wasn’t burnt just massive. Some go to 16% evidently strike me. Variety loves heat

Think you’ll find Zindafel has all been ripped out due to an agreement with the US growers, it’s all part of the place of origin thingy. I use to love the Zindafels from Margaret River so much that when we were in San Francisco years ago we took a few days to visit the Napa Valley. Had trouble find some that were better than I’d had plus they weren’t really interested in helping me get some home.

1 Like

Never been to Napa Valley - enjoyable ?

It was ok but oddly enough it was full of gum trees, it was very strange looking out from our room I could have been in the Hunter Valley.

Mrs Pete and I were talking when we walked into the first winery the woman at the door whispered “why are you here there’s better at home” in an Aussie accent.

Did enjoy it and met some great people, the wine once we settled in and knew where we were going was quite good.

1 Like

Top label from Stefano Lubiana Tasmania

2013 Sasso Pinot Noir

Try this during the week - had it previously it’s a beauty - only made in special Vintages

7 Likes

Might have find out where you live

Couple of top kiwi Pinots

. Kusuda from Martinbourgh just over the hill from Wellington - Japanese wine maker , makes a sensational Riesling also

. Felton Road 2010 Block 5 imo their best, @IDAK ill drink it on your behalf

Cheers

9 Likes

There’s no good just rolling out all these bottles you’ve got actually drink them.

Went down to the wine lock up this morning and grabbed a few out

Don’t purchase as many these days, but still lots to go

Storage cost gone through the roof also , nuts