Which wine are you drinking? Tell us about it

7 Likes

Another standard from my cellar. It’s tannins are still evident but not gripping. There’s fruit on the nose that I can’t quite place - brambles? It should match my mild curry this evening.

7 Likes

Or it would if you hadn’t drunk nearly all of it :wink:

5 Likes

Ahh Maya … I like her already, and she’s so right.
Very interesting isn’t it, enjoying the changing flavours etc.

@Camphuw . He has a point, y’know. But hey … maybe you have a second bottle?

2 Likes

Ah I did not mention the rest of the bottle is in a Secantor. 3 bottles left. TWS suggest best before is 2024. But I have a case each of 2015, 2017 and 2018; although TWS expects the 2015 to reach its peak next year. And I’ve made a note to keep it longer before opening the next vintage.

2 Likes

Decent bottles this evening. The white a Christmas present to my partner from my niece and nephew, was superb. A Sauvignon with the knob backed off to, say, eight, which delighted me after our NZ staple.

Our red could probably have done with a bit more body to match our spicy meatball pasta but, honestly, this is a first world problem.

C.

10 Likes

Well-thought-out acquisitions! So nice to have the extra bottles standing by, and those will be an interesting tasting sequence over the next few or more years.
Your post made me thirsty …

2 Likes

A wine we always try to find when we are in Spain.
Served at the fabulous La Taberna del Sacristan in Frigilliana

4 Likes

This evening’s wine, as Badger and I have have his favourite lady visiting, there is a merlot on the table. Pork chops with a courgette, well marrow, ragu. No sediment, smooth in the mouth with only a hint of tannin and a floral nose. One of those wines that I might be tempted to guzzle.

11 Likes

Guzzling at this very moment.

Can’t be arsed with vitamins today.

£9.00 a bottle Morrisons. Cheese out of date and reduced.

Will it be enough to attract a lady friend though.

11 Likes

Seeing your cheese and wine combination is worthy of its own thread.

Give me a pint of Riggwelter (Black Sheep brewery) and a slab of Yorkshire Blue Cheese (Shepherds purse cheeses) with some crusty bread and I am in heaven!

3 Likes

Maybe a quick rinse with mouthwash before might help as well. :rofl::rofl:

5 Likes

I had a Cnateau de !a Grave in my collection for 6 or 7 years and finally consumed it a couple years ago.
It was delish, but it wasn’t the ‘Nectar’ Merlot that you have, but a Bordeaux blend. C de la G doesn’t come up often I find. I never looked up where the vineyard is located, with mostly Merlot, right bank I suppose?

1 Like

I would not normally go for just Merlot, so I’ll keep a lookout for the blend. It’s a Cotes du Borg, right bank as you suggest.

https://www.chateaudelagrave.com/

1 Like

Jadot Beaune “ Clos des Ursules” 2006
Starting to age with brownish colouration and orange meniscus. Aroma of aged Brie cheese rind and undergrowth. Very silky smooth on palate with black cherries and long black fruit aftertaste. Very good.

15 Likes

De Moor “Coteau de Rosette” 2018 Courgis Chablis
Deep yellow colour. Incredibly rich palate of green apple, tangerine and honey beautifully framed with delicious saline acidity and a very long finish. Quite unlike any Chablis I have had before. Fruit very ripe but perfectly balanced. Stunning.

11 Likes

You’re enjoying some nice wines recently.

1 Like

Yes, we have been slack and not getting any under $15 wines from the supermarket that make up 90% of what we drink. So in our disorganised state we are plundering the cellar. My son , a builder came fir a casual dinner tonight. He’s happier with beer but guzzled down some 2006 burgundy and a 2017 Chassange Montrachet and said it was “ok”.

5 Likes

Kids, sometimes it’s like giving strawberries to pigs. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

5 Likes