Which wine are you drinking? Tell us about it

My last bottle of the 2013 Wolf Blass yellow label Cabernet. Still drinking remarkably well for such a modest wine.

13 Likes

That was the week that was.

6 Likes

12 Likes

……….

7 Likes

……….

7 Likes

Stayed over at a friends last night who has a fabulous cellar and is very generous. We drank the following last night (between 4 of us :roll_eyes:)

Sugrue Cuvee ‘Boz’ Blanc de Blancs 2015. Dermot Sugrue is the hugely talented winemaker who put Nyetimber on the map and who now makes wines for Wiston and under his own name. This pure Chardonnay has real depth and was wonderful.

We followed this with Sugrue ‘South Downs’ which is Chardonnay and Pinot noir and is zero dosage. Another absolute cracker

The Agnes 2019 Chardonnay Crystallum. This is a South African wine and one of best Chardonnay’s I’ve had in a long time. Hard to think of any Burgundies as good as this for the money. I will be buying some.

Henschke ‘Cyril Henschke’ 1992. This Cabernet Sauvignon is past its best now and has lost some fruit and structure but still very charming.

Henschke Mt Edelstone 1996. This Shiraz is also a bit beyond its peak but still lovely.

Henschke Mt Edelstone 2000. Now this was just spot on and gorgeous. Superb fruit, concentration, structure and balance. Perfect with simply roasted fillet of beef.

After that things got a bit blurry

12 Likes

Lunch in Tavel on the way back home from Chêne Bleu.

L’Anglore wines are superb and very rare, difficult to find outside the region and even harder to find exported. But worth it.

Don’t tell too many people, but highly recommend the restaurant La Courtille. Partly for the wine list, and partly for the very special and authentic food.

4 Likes

……….

3 Likes

I’m on holiday in Jerez so it’s Sherry:

9 Likes

Are you going to do the Gonzales Byass bodega tour? I did it a few years back and absolutely loved it. Enjoy Jerez!

………

6 Likes

Thanks.

This is my 10th (I think) visit so I’ve done that, and others and know the Town pretty well.

1 Like

………

5 Likes

8 of the best from Greece and Turkey for a special wine dinner off Datça tonight.

I’m not 100% sure I have rehabilitated Retsina, but I did try…

11 Likes

A glass or two of Burgundy tonight .

13 Likes

I’d be inclined to lay the two Mercurey’s down for a few more years. But, having said that, how were they?
I imagine the Louis Jadot was superb …

A last minute domestic emergency meant our dinner guests had to postpone .
My wife and I enjoyed the Maranges very much …lovely fruit and tannins .
We are fortunate to have another five bottles to look forward to.
The Mercureys have returned to the cellar .

5 Likes

:grinning: :grinning:

Sounds very nice. And I have also been buying multiples of wines for a bit now. We love the way they change as they age and it seems to deepen the wine aging enjoyment/hobby.

1 Like

I watched the movie Sideways again recently. Your comment made me think about the speech that Maya gives to Miles on “the life of wine” and why she loves it - how if you open a bottle of wine today it’s different to opening it on any other day. That’s also why I like buying in 6s or 12s.

3 Likes