Which wine are you drinking? Tell us about it

I’d get cracking. I’ve been tucking into both the Reserva as well as the Vina Real Res 2010 and they’re both very good indeed. I’m down to my last few bottles of each. I haven’t touched the Imperial Res yet though…

4 Likes

Brunello di moltalcino buy 2 bottles a year for nice meals i like the castello banfi 20 bucks for half bottle almoust 40 for a big one but tryed other brunellos

i woud say the castello Banfi is the gold standart of brunellos. right now only having chepo wines arround 10 till 18 euros.

2 Likes

Explaining German wine in one hour.

I’ll give it my best shot…

3 Likes

Aw Rod 3 words -sweet and flowery - should do it - or maybe I’m behind the times once again.

A bit. Describes the last one, but:

Dry, traditional method sparkling.
Bone Dry, not floral
Bone Dry, citrussy
Red
Then off-dry and a bit floral.

But I have them all week, poor bastards. Still they chose a ‘wine cruise’ in Germany, in October. So they have only themselves to blame.

5 Likes

Where do I sign up?

1 Like

Goes well with roasted lamb/veggies :grin:

9 Likes

I’ve had both the Cune and Vina Real as '07s or '08s IIRC, and they were both lovely. I’ve noticed that you usually have multiples, Richard, and this is something I’ve been doing more of lately. I do have cases I’m still working through but for the most part I’ve usually only purchased twos and threes. It’s so nice to pull a familiar bottle from the cellar while still remembering what the last few bottles tasted like, and savoring the development.
The last 3 years of covid put a nasty dent in my wine cellar, so I picked up four cases and a couple of half cases in the last 2 or 3 months.

1 Like

Had this delivered this week as part of a mixed case. It is really delicious and quite a surprise as I had forgotten how refreshing vermouth can be.

6 Likes

In cooking or a martini only for me. Did you drink it on its own as an aperitif?

Aperitif.

In my experience any Vermut from a sherry bodega is worth trying.

2 Likes

Just opened this for dinner later this evening. Oh. My. One of my wines of the year just on the basis of a quick taste to check it is not faulty.

This part of the Languedoc has to be one of my favourite wine regions with so many outstanding vignerons as well as great food and beautiful scenery. Daumas Gassac just down the road for another stunning red (and white).

Looking forward to pouring this to accompany a slow roasted rack of goat.

EDIT - so the bottle is dead. The wine lived up to its expectations and delivered in spades. A great bottle for the ages.

9 Likes

With local brill

4 Likes

Many wines of the Languedoc have such lovely fruit concentration and balance, and they are very often affordably priced. I often lean towards the Languedoc when selecting wines for cellaring.

3 Likes

Some interesting wines, earlier

1. Monthelie Blanc. But from Pinot Noir. Pinot Nlanc. Chardonnoir. Manages still to be Burgundy, but absurdly fresh for a 2018.

2. Crazy funky natural vivacious Cabernet Syrah. Lipsmacking and with just the right amount of brett.

3. Jackie Blot’s Taille aux Loups Montlouis from way back when. Sweetly dry. Dryly sweet. Essence of Chenin, and about the finest wine with cheese I have ever encountered.

Hic!

14 Likes

Good to see you back doing all that hard work Rod, hope it helps takes you mind off other things. Cheers.

1 Like

Thanks Pete. It’s good to be with friends again.
And the other thing is only money. I need to remember that.

4 Likes

That Jacky Blot Montlouis looks amazing!

1 Like

A weekend at the cabin resulted in a little wine tasting……

The Weinert came as a Magnum bottle and was superb with Deer and Wild mushrooms both from the surrounding Forrest.

The Borges Port was a new try for us, quite interesting with a slightly cloudy tawny red, initially sweet to taste then quickly developed into a light and slightly fruity finish.

11 Likes