Which wine are you drinking? Tell us about it

For coq au vin, I get it. For boeuf bourguignon though…the clue’s in the title.

1 Like

I believe he was right, but I don’t blame you for not cooking with the Grand Cru …
Very nice.

1 Like

Good one … :grinning:

1 Like

Which bottle do you suggest I waste in a BB or should I just drink them ?

7 Likes

Excellent line-up. My mouth waters just looking at the pic …

Drink them all, then it won’t matter what the bb tastes like :smile:

2 Likes
   Don't tell anyone but this CDR works very well in BB 

€24 for 5 litres

4 Likes

Really enjoying this, a Hunter Valley (NSW) Merlot which generally isn’t my favourite wine.

6 Likes

Nice tivoli radio too.

1 Like

Thank you. I have 2 of them, my kids think I’m crazy but we still use it in the mornings and they still sound better than most.

2 Likes

I also have a pair - one on permanent loan to my companion where it sits on her fridge and sounds lovely, and the other in the spare bedroom for those who can’t use Roon or the Naim app (of which there are a few!).

3 Likes

Same here the second is in the spare room for my in-laws that can’t (or won’t) use my Naim app. Think people underestimate just how good they sound.

1 Like

If I had to choose, I would say the Jadot Maranges. Which one would you choose?

I’m down to my last three of the Jadot …lovely fruit and tannins , but I’m really looking forward to the Pommard .

6 Likes

Is it a little young to drink or ok? I have quite a few 2015 and 2016 Burgundies that I am reluctant to make a start on yet…

Very drinkable now but will be good for some time to come .

1 Like

A Greek 2017 xinomavro that I bought from TWS recently for about £16. Absolutely delicious. A dry red with some oak and well rounded tannins. Reminds me very much of a Chateau Musar - but considerably cheaper

11 Likes

I do love a Gigondas. This one opened up as it came to room temperature, smooth on the palate with a subdued fruity nose. Ideal with an aged single Gloucester from Smarts.

14 Likes

I had 2 le clos de cazaux gigondas in my cellar, 2010s I believe. We drank the first one around 2017 and had the second one about two years back. They were dellicious, but the second one was the better of the two.

1 Like

Just off to friends place for dinner here in Balmain/Birchgrove

Taking the 2013 Bindi Block 5 Pinot Noir from Macedon Ranges north of Melbourne

IMHO the best Pinot that Australia produces. It will go 10-15 years , had the 2010 vintage couples of weeks ago and it was a cracker

10 Likes