A nice delivery from Vinatis
Red white pink and fizz !

7 Likes

It happened…

It was good.

Very good.

Pierre-Olivier Clouet, Ch Cheval Blanc

Phil Reedman MW

I took notes and will turn them into a blog post once I get home.

12 Likes

Holy Moly Batman. Looks amazing. Look forward to the write up.

1 Like

Hasn’t stopped yet.

The conclusion to draw is that if you want to drink/taste unbelievably well for a whole week, become an MW student.

9 Likes

Snaffled the last bottle of Bouchard Pere & Fils Meursault Les Clous at lunch in Mosimann’s today - not sure what year. It was absolutely delicious.

11 Likes

Thanks for the heads up on this one, Alan, I’ll give it a go for Mrs. Steve to try.

1 Like

Hope she enjoys it Steve, let us know :+1:

1 Like

I guess MW process combines flying high like Icarus for occasional days then 6 months cleaning the stables. For some the investment is hugely beneficial but it is not for the faint hearted. I have huge admiration for all those who prevail and make it through.

3 Likes

Really enjoyed the first bottle of TamraRidge (TAS) Riesling from my delivery earlier in the week.

6 Likes

On your recommendation I got some Tasmanian bubbly for a friend for Christmas , he was very pleased with it.

2 Likes

Digging into a Xmas gift to take the edge off the January blues…

11 Likes

A rather lovely 2015 Gevrey-Chambertin Vieilles Vignes that I served with a chicken, leek and tarragon pie - great match.

Followed with this very fine 2015 Crozes-Hermitage ‘Les Palignons’ from Les Vins de Vienne. I have just pulled this from TWS reserves and is absolutely at its peak

15 Likes

The Xinomavro from north west Greece is a light bodied style. Spice, red fruits and leather on palate. Crunchy wine and smashable. Perfect summer wine at cellar temperature.

12 Likes

Quite the evening #1

9 Likes

Quite the evening #2

We drank the lot.

14 Likes

Rather good January gathering that was billed as “Delayed Thanksgiving “ in reality an excuse for our host to share some exceptional US wines that he had acquired over a number of years.

Kicked off with a 1989 Boizel Joyeau de France that I had acquired from TWS as part of a lovely little vertical a few years ago. This was clearly in its twilight years but had aged very gracefully and definitely a style that I would happily drink more of, somewhat oxidative but very charging. Whether my 2008 case will last as long is debatable!

The full lineup from last night. Some of the highlights - the 2009 Kistler Sonoma Mountain Chardonnay was beautiful with great balance and understandable that current vintages are highly prized (and priced accordingly). The two Pinot noirs were both delicious. My favourite was the 2003 Calera Mills made by Josh Jensen and which was clearly new world in style with delicate fruit notes. The 2007 Beaux Freres Willamette Valley was quite Burgundian in style with some forest floor notes. The 1999 Dalla Valle Cabernet Sauvignon was a great way to conclude our US trip. Our 1999 Suidaraut was quite dark but had all the barley sugar you could want.

A great evening and the food highlights was a venison loin that just melted in the mouth but all the food was top notch. Now having a bit of a break before Moor Hall in two weeks.

8 Likes

Becoming quite partial to GV especially having opened this Dürnsteiner

12 Likes

Another wine named after me. I like that! :blush:

2 Likes

But do you have racy acidity like your namesake?

1 Like

Probably less…