Which wine are you drinking? Tell us about it

A deep dive into the best of McLaren Vale has been a fine way to end a week of teaching embryonic MWs in Adelaide.

Now for a dinner with what I imagine will be equally stellar offerings with/from/at our hosts Wirra Wirra.

Cheers!

10 Likes

You should enjoy that Wirra Wirra make a great red.

1 Like

You do these things, so we don’t have to

Thoughts and prayers
Thoughts and prayers

In deepest sympathy

Ian

4 Likes

Dinner was indeed, to use the Australian vernacular, “quite good”

6 Likes

Edit - at the suggestion of CrispyDuck I have started a new thread

No, I have not read all 6124 entries. :grin:

I am beginning to plan a September trip for two to French wine regions, most likely Bordeaux, Bourgogne, and Champagne. Looking for suggestions of wineries to visit (especially smaller ones), private tour guides, good/great restaurants, and charming villages. Plans are to stay at AirBnBs.

Any other information also appreciated.

You are likely to get a great many suggestions for this so perhaps better as a separate thread? ATB

1 Like

Hints of bovril in an NZ wine … I fear a culture clash.

4 Likes

Surperb, jesty Sauvignon by Guy Allison

Love primitive, smoky spice and warm great with duck this evening

9 Likes

Aussie classic for a last dinner on Kangaroo Island.

Silky, liquorice, smoke, spice and plush black fruit. Sumptuous mouthfilling texture and palate caressing finish.

12 Likes

According to HRH I am 3 years too late for this. CellarTracker 2021 note says drink in 2 years so just about there. Still noticeable red fruit but the tannins are softened and caressing, think I have another 2 so probably need to locate them.

10 Likes

My great friend Paul, and some of the lovely wines he makes. Especially for Pete…

13 Likes

Got a few on Pete’s recommendation. …

Ian

2 Likes

Can you pick up next months order for me and I’ll meet you in Sydney. :rofl:

What was your favourite?

2 Likes

I should be on a retainer :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

I thought :thought_balloon: you were?

:grinning::grinning::grinning:

1 Like

I’m an unpaid (and unknown) brand ambassador or crash test dummy

2 Likes

Bet you could paint some great wine labels for Oz wines?

3 Likes

Don’t know about that but I can certainly empty some of their bottles.

3 Likes

In 10 days or so I will be visiting Boekenhoutskloof in Franschhoek for first time in 5 years. Beautiful wines that age wonderfully. Made a massive cassoulet today that needed a wine with “heft”. The Boekenhoutskloof Syrah delivers in spades. Very happy.

12 Likes

We had this delicious bottle of Terret Bourret in a lovely little restaurant here in Paris this evening. A forgotten great variety according to the label. A really nice wine.

9 Likes