Which wine are you drinking? Tell us about it

Happy birthday, enjoy.

1 Like

Thanks!

Happy Birthday Chris

2 Likes

Happy birthday. I’m not far behind. Let’s see if someone sees fit to gift me a wine from my birth year!

3 Likes

Thank you. I got this wine some years ago. My wife and I made a tour in the Bordeaux region and also visited Chateau Beausejour Becot. There we have got two bottles of our birth years direct from the cellar.

2 Likes

Happy 50th, :+1:

2 Likes

Alles Gute zum Geburtstag :champagne::blush:

2 Likes

Very glad that the wine was an appropriate accompaniment to your celebration. Maybe wise to not not leave until 60! For our mutual 60th birthdays we enjoyed a spectacular Armagnac and most surprisingly, a very good Barolo, purchased with no great expectations or any idea of the provenance. Hope you enjoy many more years of good wine.

2 Likes

A first for us - a wine from Georgia (the country, not the state😀)which we enjoyed with dinner before the 50th anniversary Tubular Bells concert. A lovely dark ruby wine, fruity, soft tannins and very, very drinkable. We enjoyed the concert too.

9 Likes

Not tried the seperavi grape for ages. Quite tannic when young IIRC but certainly interesting.

1 Like

This was a 2019, so not that old. Reading about it on the importer’s website, it is an interesting mix of traditional and modern vinification processes, so that may ‘soften’ it off earlier. I see the Wine Society has another growers bottling of the grape, so might give that a try.

1 Like

The cold weather and snow showers all day have demanded comfort food with an appropriate wine. Meatballs ticked the boxes for the former and this Crozes-Hermitage delivered everything I could have asked for.

9 Likes

Best years are over, 50-60 is the new 40-50. You should have your best years ahead of you.

2 Likes

More snow - need a good warming red! This is lovely - mouth filling flavours - plenty of fruit.

11 Likes

Lovely! Still have a couple of these left in our wine fridge to enjoy on a later occasion😄

9 Likes

Wife is out, so I’m home alone, with a steak cooked on the Kamado and this lovely drop:

My third bottle of 12 of this vintage and it’s really starting to settle into a fantastic stride. The first time I’ve approached it in a year or so. It doesn’t hit you in the face with a big fruit punch anymore. It’s mellowed. It’s acquired some complexity, or maybe the complexity isn’t overpowered anymore. The fruit is still there, and in spades, but it gives way to chocolate and then floral notes - lavender over cherries. Fabulous.

With 9 more bottles to go, I’m excited to see where this goes in the coming years.

10 Likes

Possibly my favourite wine, love the stuff. :+1:

1 Like

I have just one bottle of 2015 which I am resisting any thoughts of opening for a year or 5. Any thoughts from the cognoscenti down under?

Some years back, Inspired by some rather nice bottles of a Gerard Bertrand Fitou that I drank at a friend’s place, I sought out a selection of GB wines to try. Frankly I felt most were more miss than hit, but this 2012 Tautavel showed great promise, which is now really coming good. The label still shows the scars of some rather nice bottles that broke when the old French wine rack came away from the wall a while back…

8 Likes

I’d say it’d be good right now but Rod may have a better answer.

I’ve got a 2013 I’ll be opening this year. I’m just waiting for some cooler weather.

2 Likes