Which wine are you drinking? Tell us about it

No rush to open I hope David. Though it will be delicious young too of course.

We did open that one. It was lovely, very fresh and moreish.

I just checked and I have one bottle here in UK, a 2013. Not sure when I should open that. It’s just stored away safely in the wine fridge for now.

Really enjoyed this shiraz. Gift from family friend.
McLaren Vale shiraz 2021 Aus
Having trouble finding where I can buy it in NZ.

8 Likes

Eva Fricke Rheingau Trocken 2022
Very young and pure Riesling . Vibrant with tense acidity and saline finish. Lime and stone fruit. Mouth watering.

16 Likes

Chilean Pinot Noir, from Morrisons. An enthusiastic, as ever, recommendation from Will Lyons in the Sunday Times magazine a couple of weeks ago. Will’s great. Always a pleasure to read his stuff.

Great nose with tight, bright fruit, from a grape I’m not familiar with. I had a couple of glasses with a plate of pasta and pesto and felt like Spring was on the way.

12 Likes

IDAK

Heading just next door to a lovely Thai restaurant which has BYO so thought I’d try a glass before going just to make sure it has lasted the distance

It’s everything you said it would be - a stunning wine I must say I’m a bit blown away to be honest

Wish I had a few more

Vineyard just over the hill from you , their range is fantastic

Cheers

15 Likes

Fabulous tour and tasting at the Marathasa Winery at over 1000m in the Troodos mountains in Cyprus.
If Ernst Stavro Blofeld had built a winery:

Utterly amazing building - only open to the public 8 months ago. Winery started in 2014 so still young. We tried a Xynisteri white, a Sauvignon Blanc, a rose (made from Primitivo and Syrah), a Syrah and a Yiannoudi red. They have a way to go yet but I think that the white from Xynisteri grapes and red from Yiannoudi grapes could gain some international interest

21 Likes

This evening’s wine; it’s been sitting in my cellar for a few years and I expected more, fuller. Its nose is quite enticing and with cheese I was very happy with it, but not so with the winter sausage stew. However it was under £8 from TWS, and I think it was a replacement on an en primeur order, so all in all it’s quaffable.

12 Likes

Yes, it’s a good’un. Just had the 2022 earlier this week, still a baby. They pick the grapes at ridiculously low yields which is why it’s so rich.
It must be the best PG in the southern hemisphere.

1 Like

Pretty good!

8 Likes

Pepper Tree are great wines, I enjoyed a South Australian Shiraz with dinner tonight. :+1:

3 Likes

Finishing off last night’s bottle of Chapel Down brut reserve with our first al fresco lunch of 2024. No point keeping it until the rugby……

9 Likes

6 Likes

Rather what wine, you won’t be drinking

1 Like

Opened in recognition of Italy’s marvellous result n theb6 nations today and as a bonus a great way to celebrate a surprise win for England. So enjoyable (and the rugby not bad either)

11 Likes

Mmm, love old Barolo. I don’t get it very often as I have to wait for it to age. I think I’ll start buying it at auctions, pre-aged.

2 Likes

7 Likes

Looks nice but a little information about the wine would be really helpful

2 Likes

Special treat because I’ve been working all weekend, and I got it all done. Yay!

Jamet Côte-Rôtie ‘Fructus Voluptas ‘ 2020
Extraordinary purity of black fruit Syrah with spices, pepper, violet and a plush yet silky tannin structure. Expansive palate coating finish. Delicious now, but could keep for ages.

13 Likes

I find a lot of Champagne can be a bit astringent, so we don’t have it very often. This rosé from Waitrose is lovely though, dry yet fruity and just really nice. It’s a half bottle , which means we can have a red with dinner without overdoing it.

It’s Mother’s Day after all.

8 Likes