Which wine are you drinking? Tell us about it

Yep pretty tough gig but a lot of the major wineries are owned by French.

3 Likes

How’s the 17 Yarra Yering #1 developing?

1 Like

Lovely. But obviously under screwcap it’s developing slowly. Good now, but has decades in it I reckon.

2 Likes

Bought several bottles from BBR of the Yarra Yerring at a vastly discounted price - remembered with great fondness.

I do admire you for trying to sell
Screenshot 2024-03-15 at 10.22.19
the French the idea of a wine with Agincourt in it’s name

5 Likes

I did make a joke about that!

And, also Yarra Yering was founded in 1969.

After saying ‘année soixante-neuf’, I found myself immediately saying: ‘année erotique’

But as that was an example of decisive ‘entente très cordiale’ maybe it made up for Agincourt, which really wasn’t.

4 Likes

Very nice, and I love the subtle reflection through the glass of wine. Clever photography …

1 Like

Thanks David but I can assure you it was a happy accident! Anyway, a nice wine which I will definitely buy again.

1 Like

This went well with some BOQ pork chops, actually it’s quite good.
Studebaker Pinot Noir from Victoria

9 Likes

Perfect when listening to The Dame…

7 Likes

With friends

19 Likes

8 Likes

The Mendoza region is responsible for so many brilliant wines. The grapes grow at varying altitudes and produce many rich, fruit-laden wines.

1 Like

Midweek easing back on the wine but with cheese couldn’t resist a little glass of this delicious Madeira. A little goes a long way and perfect with the Jarlsberg. The umami flavours are so enjoyable.

14 Likes

I was scratching my head in the wine shop trying to figure out why it had the formula for aluminium oxide on the label.

What did that have to do with the metal egg like structure below, especially close to Easter? A possible reference to the bizarre Ludwig cartoon of yesteryear?

Suddenly twigged the graphic must represent a sapphire.

I mean this was bonkers wasn’t it?

3 Likes

Bought three bottles on an impulse and had to try one. Silky smooth!

15 Likes

Sainsburys are doing a 25% off any six bottles of wine as long as they are over £6 each………a good deal.

2 Likes

Decanted and ready for drinking in two hours time. Again, just wanted to know what’s in the bottle in case I need to order more, and anyway I like my wines young :sunglasses:

13 Likes

A nice bottle of Blaufränkisch 2018 Reserve from Philipp Kuhn. Cheers …

9 Likes

Nice choice, you should also try Philipp’s Pinots (Blanc et Noir) :ok_hand:

Tollot-Beaut was one of the first red Burgundies I bought when really getting into wine. Just village level Chorey Les Beaune but really enjoyable. As prices have gone to really silly levels it is village level Bourgogne that is where I seem to look at when buying. Enjoy your Aloxe Corton!

3 Likes