Which wine are you drinking? Tell us about it

Again, seen before here, some beauties had over the weekend. :+1:
Wither Hills Benmorven Organic Chardonnay 2021 NZ
Yalumba Paradox Shiraz 2019 Aus

4 Likes

In Portugal for the UK Bank holiday weekend. Brought some of our own whites for pre dinner consumption. Tonight was this Palomino from Adi Badenhorst (South African). Was my first opportunity to try this grape. Two Thumbs up.

8 Likes

Non-Vintage Rose Champagne tasting last night :+1: :champagne:
Mumm Cordon Rose NV
Drappier Rose de Saignee NV
Serge Mathieu Brut Rose NV
Palmer and Co Rose Reserve NV
Henri Giraud Dame Jane NV
Veuve Clicquot Rose NV
Ruinart Brut Rose NV
Charles Heidseick Rose Brut Reserve

Favourite in the end was Dame Jane, so bought a couple.
Such a powerful and interesting style compared to the others.

7 Likes

This is the first orange wine we’ve ever had. It’s The Orange Point, Greek, a blend of Assyrtiko and Roditis, from the Wine Society, and is really lovely. We are having it with my home made veggie dhansak. Cheers!!

7 Likes

Enjoying this mature rioja, on sale this week at the local Co-op…

9 Likes

My last bottle of this wine, but I have not seen it available from TWS again. It’s still has a fruity nose and it’s tannins have mellowed out into a reasonable finish.

8 Likes

Our newly minted favourite chardonnay to enjoy with most things.
Last night had with sushi. :+1:
Seifried Barrique Fermented ‘Reserve’ Chardonnay 2020 NZ

4 Likes

My Bordeaux report is about to be published. All proof-reading done at the weekend.

But I would say that if you like Sauternes, then Coutet (the price for which was released today) is an incredible bargain. I gave it 97 (my highest Sauternes score) as it was a true star in a constellation of brilliance for the appellation this year.
The price is unaltered from last year (2022 not a good vintage for the appellation, although Coutet always outperforms). I bought some myself…

8 Likes

" I bought some myself…"

Speaks volumes

3 Likes

Here’s sneak preview of what I thought…

I don’t really know what I’m going to do with a dozen bottles (or more likely 24 halves) of Sauternes, but at least it’s a wine you can drink young, old or anything in between…

10 Likes

I really hope that you enjoy it, I remember my mother going to a tour of a vineyard in Malta - and coming home squiffy after trying the local Sauternes - and me an impressionable young whippersnapper .

I must admit sweet wines are usually reserved for Christmas day, I have some good ports including a Dows 70 , it is when to drink them … and in recent years have much preferred a good desert wine rather the faff of decanting the port on Christmas morning

I prepare for Christmas early when it comes to buying in wines and spirits - both as gifts and consuming

So this year it is dandelion and something crock on Christmas Day- that will scare my guest

The Dandelion was really enjoyable last year and went superbly with the Christmas :christmas_tree: Pudding and Roquefort cheese . That is why it is getting invited back

5 Likes

Love Coutet. Do I need more? Probably not? Will I get some halves? Probably! Dotage drinking!

3 Likes

Drinking one of my last Martin Meinert wines. The man who made the wine for Mandela’s inauguration (Vergelegen) and made lovely BDX style wines at his own farm in Stellenbosch as well as the FMC for Ken Forrester. Sold a few years back and now enjoys the beach on the West Coast. He made lovely wine and this is in that last hurrah stage so I am glad I opened tonight.

7 Likes

Vajra Dolcetto D’Alba
Delicious brisk wine with a lovely core of dark fruit and mouthwatering light tannic finish .

11 Likes

It‘s our wedding anniversary so why not? :blush:

13 Likes

We had a bottle of the same last night for my wife’s birthday, delicious fruit, soft mousse, creamy and delicious.

2 Likes

I gave a friend a bottle of Penfolds Bin 707 -when he was going through a very hard time .

Six months later he seems in a better place

And his comments

13 Likes

Just downloaded the 2023 Bordeaux report and sitting down with a glass of red to read through it . Wonderful photo on page 3 btw.

2 Likes

And as usual , a fantastic read and very useful . Thanks Rod.

2 Likes

Thank you very much. I really appreciate it.

Afraid it was all such a rush that I won’t be awarding any spot-the-typo prizes, but my (excellent) proof-reader burnt the midnight oil over the weekend, bless her.

1 Like