Which wine are you drinking? Tell us about it

And here is a pic re the quality point. The more impressive pic would have been the 100+ bottles delivered this week but only thought of that at the end of sorting the delivery.

8 Likes

Can I come and visit? :joy:

3 Likes

My wife and I try not to drink during the week but for various reasons this hasn’t worked for a while. We‘ll usually have a bottle of beer and share a bottle of white and red.

My parents used to have two to three G&Ts, a bottle of red with dinner and one to three scotches (Dad) and brandies (Mum). Every day. (That was a lot less than they drank in their heyday.) They lived to be 90 and 88 respectively.

4 Likes

Love a sassicaia! Had a couple each of 2009/10/11 but gone now. Too impatient!

1 Like

Continuing the Canadian discovery, another superb Chardonnay from Blue Mountain.

6 Likes

*Cogratulations to you both *

I have never been to the village, but Sancerre wines are certainly special. One of our favourite whites and it’s very versatile.

2 Likes

I guess that depends on how much wasting things bothers you and how long you think you’re likely to live.

1 Like

In my 30’s and 40’s truth be told I was drinking at least 4 bottles of wine a week, sometimes more, plus a fair amount of brandy. I did have some unrelated blood tests which showed excellent liver and kidney function so I wasn’t too concerned.

Now in my mid sixties I feel, like you say you do, that I’m probably pushing my luck. As we age our bodies become less resilient to abuse. It’s a critical time of life health wise and I feel that anything I can do to try to preserve a good quality of life is worth the effort. Cutting down on alcohol, eating healthily and getting exercise are all priorities now.

I’ve seen people go badly down hill from this age onwards often due to too much alcohol consumption or/and being overweight. I really don’t want to be one of those sad people lying in a hospital bed and moaning about their fate when in effect they’ve put themselves there through willfully neglecting their own health.

4 Likes

Thanks Rod. I’ve wanted to tour that area with my wife as I had a couple of biz trips a bunch of years ago to Nice and Cannes (back in the days of cool destination offsites). Will note this place for future window shopping. Thank you!

1 Like

Thanks for the recommendation Nigel. I bought some and it is absolutely delicious!

Bored of very overpriced and very pale Provence rose ? Then give this a whirl. It has been on several recommendation lists by wine writers this summer and for good reason. Don’t be put off by its resemblance to Ribena. Dry, loads of fruit and weight. Only £7-90 from TWS - rosé bargain of the year

3 Likes

I’ve also had that rose as well, and it is very good.

1 Like

This week’s wine:

Lovely with home made baked beans! Not too bad on its own either.

11 Likes

Is there a pic of the baked beans? An under-rated comfort food.

1 Like

I am loving Canadian wine. Very relieved to be able to sit outside now that the cold front has passed over.

4 Likes

Welcome! Although there are many, many nicer things about La Colle sur Loup than its supermarket!

9 Likes

Orson !!!

:+1: :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Congratualtions Nigel, hope the Special Cuvee showed well!

Sadly stuffed them down me … no secrets, haricot beans soaked over night, cooked in pressure cooker then onions, chilli, paprika, pepper corns, tomatoes, spoon of treacle and a bay leaf browned off before adding to the beans.

Next time I’ll be adding some bacon

1 Like