Which wine are you drinking? Tell us about it

Great pics Rod. Love the dogs in the river.

2 Likes

Add some belly pork and you have Boston baked beans!

2 Likes

Two new world Pinot’s over the weekend. Both very enjoyable.

6 Likes

I’m confident I could help you out :grinning:

1 Like

6 Likes

Monthly lunch at La Trompette - theme was “Summer Breeze” and the wines were all on song.

Highlights for me were the lovely Pierre Paillard 2006 champagne and then the consider and the ABC Pinot noir. We ordered the moscato off the list to partner strawberry pavlova and it was so right.

10 Likes

Back home and with the temperature rising the red wines have been served at cellar temperature- worked really well for this Burgundy. I think Santenay La Gravieres has to be one of my favourites down the years and this was just singing with summer fruit.

9 Likes

I do like the wines from this Calabrian winery, I have the white, red and rose, and the people are lovely. The red is very fruity with rich weighty fruit and easy soft tannins, nice long deep finish. Can’t quite believe the quality for the price.

8 Likes

Gray Monk Okanagan Valley B.C. Pinot Noir at 1700m above sea level

11 Likes

P.S. and it’s high summer and I have me shorts on :joy:

3 Likes

Dandelion Shiraz Clare Vally 2020
Dark and very rich with freshness and dark berry fruit. Dense and delicious. $23

Stonecroft Syrah Gimblett Gravels Hawke Vay 2020
Dark colour. Black fruits. Very elegant. Refined and long. Still very young. $62

I prefer the Aussie wine. Much better bang for buck.

8 Likes

Big difference in price, I’m quite partial to a good Aussie red and looking forward to be able to enjoy a glass again.

4 Likes

Had a bottle of the Dandelion Vineyards Pedro Ximenez last Christmas , very good.

Have another bottle in reserve for this Christmas

8 Likes

Yes, hopefully you’ll get over this hump soon. Sounds like you have great doctors around you, not to mention Mrs Pete

3 Likes

Looks interesting. I’ll keep an eye out for it. Love a good PX

1 Like

The Elephant Island Chardonnay Reserve is very fine, almost too fine for the Greek mezes and grilled octopus delivered to the 25th floor here in Vancouver.

Smaller vineyards are hard to find in the chain liquor stores here but we expect that our next destination will have some :smiley:

6 Likes

Experimenting with a B.C. Shiraz recommended by the friendly liquor store around the corner. Not bad if a tad too much oak.

5 Likes

Gee that’s made me jealous, Vancouvers a great city. Have fun. :+1:

2 Likes

Certainly will do my best. :blush:
Only my second time here ever.

1 Like

Lightly chilled …parfait .
lovely wine from a tiny local domaine .

4 Likes