Which wine are you drinking? Tell us about it

Yeah, I guess you have to ease into things like alcohol. It can be hard on the system at the best of times.
But cheers, anyway.:grinning:

It’s good to know you’re at home these days.
Food must be a lot better.

1 Like

I’m going to have a sneaky beer tonight.

Been quite good last week or so and there’s nothing like home cooked meals.

5 Likes

Very good, I’m sure it’ll be delicious.
Cheers Pete.

2 Likes

Also willing to give a hand

1 Like

Busy delivery day today…Most will end up in Canada…but might keep a bottle or 3 of the 1985 Fonseca for future dinner parties here in Wapping.

6 Likes

What vintage is the Lismore Pinot?

It’s the 2018 so before the 2019 fire. What I don’t know is whether this wine would have already been bottled and shipped when the fire hit in Dec 2019. I suspect so.

I have the 2018 as well; its pretty good with a selection of fruit from Stanford in the Overbverg and some from Peter Allan Finlayson’s Eilandskloof vineyard in Elgin. The 2018 was already bottled at the time of the fire so would have been in a warehouse in Stellenbosch. I bought mine around May 2020. I know she lost all her 2019 vintage which was in barrel on the property and was destroyed.

1 Like

Delivery day here. The quarter pallet has been offloaded and the boxes all stashed. Very much looking forward to the 2013 Produttori del Barbaresco collection.

7 Likes

A couple of wine pals over last night. All three of these were drinking really well. Esprit De L’Eglise was astounding but I loved the luscious liquorice notes of the Minervois too at something like £10 a bottle at the time.

5 Likes

Tough week!

7 Likes

That Minervois is an absolute banker - Wine Society have been shipping it for years and I always enjoy it. Got a couple of bottles to look forward to.

2 Likes

Quite unusual, never seen it before, on offer at Waitrose and fancied something different.

Don’t know quite how to describe it. Sweet, spicy - reminds me of sherry at times or mulled wine at others, but equally neither with a rustic red taste and nice tannins. Seems quite viscous assuming this is representative and not an iffy bottle.

2 Likes

I will have a look tomorrow

Possibly a bit young to drink yet?