Which wine are you drinking? Tell us about it

I haven’t had a glass of wine for months. Got a friend up who’s helping with some problems with our build, gave him the opportunity to pick something from the cellar.

He picked the Penfolds 407 (2008).

Very nice.

13 Likes

Good man! :+1:
I’m sure you felt that hit the spot after such a while…!

How are your temperatures now Pete, all settled down ok…?

SC

1 Like

My temp seems to have settled but I’ve just finished the antibiotics that I was given last week in hospital, so fingers crossed. :upside_down_face:

6 Likes

Good to hear.

I presume you have a dig thermometer at home…? I have one of the contactless ones from Withings – about a year ago I had some internal bleeding complications after having some bad Varicose Veins removed from my leg, was a bit dicey for a while and they were seriously concerned re Sepsis….So I/we were doing my temperature a lot, every 1/2hr or so as the paranoia built up…!
Good device though, Helen could even take my temp if I was dosing…and of course it’s all tracked and stored in the App so you have history and graph….

Anyway, back to Vino…! :wine_glass:

SC

3 Likes

A generous host

2 Likes

I couldn’t stop him. :rofl::rofl:

His just saved us about $40k in ideas for our build, his worth it.

4 Likes

Best wishes for the ongoing recovery Pete and the project as well. Its always good to have things to look forward to (apart from paying the bills of course).

1 Like

Must be close to statement money in your part of the world. Chop chop Pete.

1 Like

I have just decided to extract a few more cases from bonded storage (Sunbury not Tilbury this time) ahead of the Autumn Statement and the likely further increase in excise duty on wine. I would love to have the space to store it all at home in a dark damp cellar but have to make do with various wine fridges and alcoves so about the most I can bring back over this time is about a dozen cases.

Really looking forward to trying some of the 2010 and 2011 brunellos I bought on release and the 2013 Produttori del Barbaresco mixed case. I think we might need something to cheer us up when Rachel gets to work making the pips squeak!

4 Likes

Just found this on amazon Germany, several incoming to try, thanks
Martin

1 Like

Thanks Quickben. Your taking bottles out of bond before the budget inspired me to do the same. Deliveries starting tomorrow. Will take pick of what arrives.

2 Likes

Sounds good. Hope you like it. It is perfect for risotto

1 Like

Whatever happened to Chateau Rod Laver?

2 Likes

We’ve been tasting okay stuff yesterday and today…

16 Likes

As I’ve said before, you do these things so we don’t have to.

thoughts and prayers

thoughts and prayers :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

best wishes

1 Like

Any thoughts on the 2023 Condrieu/Rhone whites you are at liberty to share with us?

It was Coq du Rod Laver
Martin

We haven’t had a white that young in fact.
Was a hot vintage, although not quite as hot as 2022. Probably favour (a bit) the reds therefore. But I find Rhône varietals, even Viognier, are adapting well to the vagaries of climate change.
2024 looking a bit patchy in the north apparently, but they’re happy in the south.

1 Like

Excellent choice. Must’ve been delicious.

1 Like

It was I only had 2 very small glasses