Who got your Tidal £2?

Duran Duran it seems for their new album! :flushed: :scream_cat:

ABBA and Tori Amos runners up. How did Taylor Swift get in there - I think I know!

1 Like

Come again ?

They’re giving 10% of the higher tier ‘hi-res MQA’ subscription to your most played artist of the month. Many have downgraded to the cheaper CD quality plan.

1 Like

Ah I see. Ditched Tidal and that MQA rubbish a few years back so this passed me by :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I think they said they’d upgraded the £19.99 tier, but with many people downgrading to the £9.99 one I assume the latter was not lossless CD quality before.

I really don’t see what MQA brings to the table apart from hassle in this day and age.

I refer the Honourable Gentleman to the answer I gave some moments ago . . . .
I stopped Tidal and MQA after watching the Goldensound investigation on YouTube. Use Qobuz now and have lots of HiRes for a lot less.

1 Like

Tidal, Qobuz (oldest) and Apple Music here.

I watch some music videos on Tidal and Apple Music - probably don’t need both but some only available on one of the services.

I’d agree. My headphone DAC/Amp is MQA capable but I didn’t find any benefit with MQA encoded material over conventional hi-res or even red book. Qobuz works well for me.

1 Like

1 Like

For a minute I didn’t notice it was ‘top 5’ artists and thought I’d only streamed from 5 groups !

I think it would be nice to be able to nominate who gets the £2 - doubt any of my top 5 actually need it compared to many other artists.

Eric Clapton was mine, must be that new album I left playing overnight to burn in my Zen stream.
Your TOP 5 artists in November 2021
Eric Clapton\ 390xauto
1. Eric Clapton
228 streams

1 Like

Airbag for me, but most of my internet streaming is Qobuz.

1 Like

My € 2,— went to King Crimson; I’m sure Robert Fripp will be mighty pleased. Anyone remember his Dear Mr. Spotify letters from over a decade ago? :laughing:
Best I could find on archive.org was this: Robert Fripp's Diary for Monday, 14th September 2009

1 Like

Suspect he’s got better things on his mind these days since Mrs Fripp had her augmentation!

I’m not sure whether that’s a musical augmentation or a silicon type thing :flushed:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.