Why no WISA enabled amps?

WISA seems to be the latest standard for wireless home cinema setups.

It seems to be a great solution, similar to Sonos or other cinema setups, but open so that you can add additional speaks of any brand to work together.

What I’m missing is why WISA is not being built into streaming amps or av amps? A stereo setup could then be the basis of your home cinema system, and HDMI is not required.

Anyone know why?

Because it’s not strictly “hifi”

It’s convenient, but once you start spending a certain amount, you want ultimate performance and WISA isn’t it. For the number of users that actually would utilise that sort of compromise on kit as expensive as Naim, I doubt they would even recoup the cost of the licensing and certification over a product’s entire lifetime.

For sure, I don’t want WISA for my stereo setup, but for an alternative to a wireless surround setup, I would prefer to include my main stereo speakers and a WISA center speaker opposed to a soundbar.

I would not expect NAIM to adopt it, but I would have expected companies like WIIM to have done so.

Not sure this’s the best place to ask, then!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.