Wiim Ultra

Anyone else using one of these? I just bought one on Amazon for $329. Used it briefly in place of an Innuos Zen Mk3 into Chord Dave/32.5/hc/250/ATC 7s. Excellent.

Did longer listening into Qutest/52/250/SL2s. Haven’t had time to do a direct A:B vs the Innuos, but also didn’t feel the need to. So far it’s been outstanding across electronica and solo piano recital

I think Innuos and others may have a problem on their hands. I had thought about getting a Pulse but now questioning that path. Maybe that will change after a direct A:B.

3 Likes

I’ve been looking to pick up one up to replace a 12 yr old Squeezebox Touch; it’s one of the few streamers on the market with a screen that supports Squeezelite and cheaper than the Eversolo A6. How’s the internal DAC?

1 Like

I discussed it in another topic. Do a search.

I have searched a few times and didn’t see anything from you.

I have one directly into active AVIs and a rel sub and its bloody marvellous, outstanding software it all just works. Within the confines of this system I have no interest in using an external dac, it just sounds so natural and effortless.

I got one for my parents direct into a pair of meridian M2s The remote for non technical folk is a god send I have put their favorite radio stations on the 4 presets and they are so delighted with it.

I have a bluesound node on other duties, thats also very good, but I would say the ultra has it for facilities, price and software, both sound great to my ears.

4 Likes

I haven’t tried the internal DAC yet because I got it expressly to use as a streamer. I’ll try it shortly.

1 Like

Good point on the software. I like the app better than Innuos’s and Naim’s.