Withdrawal Symptoms

My 272 has gone on the blink again. Same issue as a few months back. Sudden very loud rasping crackling and popping through the right hand speaker. Nothing playing at the time.

Dac board I think, so off to naim again for a good few weeks for probably the same repair again (sad face).

Anyway, it doesn’t take long for withdrawal symptoms to set in. Home from work and staring at a mute hi-fi (sad ears).

G

Sounds like a good time to upgrade…and sell the repaired 272 still sealed when it returns…
Think of it as an opertunaty …not a setback!!!

Fabulous dealer has come up trumps with a temporary replacement from naim delivered this evening.

Big thanks to Robert Ritchie!

G

That opertunaty seems a bit fishy to me. Why on Earth would Graeme sell his 272? To get what?

Excellent service. Your music will be restored.

1 Like

I changed mine for an NDS and 252

Increase the box count - been there got the t-shirt as they say.

G

1 Like

Back to normal life! Luckily the Proacs seem fine. The cone in the right hand speaker was doing gymnastics during the burst.

G

Any thoughts or theories as to the cause? Twice in a few months??

Nope. Was working happily for years then this pair of repeated faults. Had I been out either time I think my loudspeakers would be destroyed. The noise is quite something.

I hope I can trust it when it comes back again…

G

Be interesting to know whether it is the same fault both times.

I’ll report back. It certainly sounded like it.

G

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.